Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix to winnt file transfer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix to winnt file transfer Post 5418 by kapilv on Tuesday 14th of August 2001 02:36:07 PM
Old 08-14-2001
Hi

Ftp from your unix machine to the NT machine or from your NT machine to your UNIX m/c.
If you are ftping from your unix m/c to NT m/c then the commands are
ftp ip address of your NT m/c
send filename or put filename

If you are ftping from your NT m/c to your UNIX m/c Then the commands are
ftp ip address of your UNIX m/c
get filename

Hope this helps

Last edited by kapilv; 08-14-2001 at 03:39 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

File transfer from unix to NT box?

Is there a method to transfer a file from UNIX (AIX) to an NT box without the NT box having any special software running? I can ping the box via the network and I have a valid NT account to use. Is FTP a viable solution ? HELP! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvacc
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

importing database from unix to winnt

i am a unix-super-beginner (swaddled and weaned on windows) and am trying to import a database from a unix directory into winnt. can someone help me or am i a hopeless case? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadiecutie
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

rcp from winnt to unix

I try an RCP command from winnt to unix and it works only with 2 pc but with the two others it dosen't work....? MS-DOS return this error msg : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known. What can I do to resolve my probleme ? Dimitri Geneva - Switzerland (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfrangidis
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix automatic file transfer

Hello, I am a beginner with korn shell scripting. I have got a text file that gets produced every night and I need to transfer it to a windows shared area. Is there any command line script (e.g FTP) that I could use to transfer the file automatically without manual intervention everyday? Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tagem
4 Replies

5. Programming

How to check for a directory during FTP from WinNT to HP-UNIX

hi All, I have to Ftp a Directory from the WinNt to Hp-Unix, before that i have to check wether the same directory is present on HP-Unix, if it is then i have to delete that,& do the fresh FTP. The problem is that i have to implement this in a C Program,which i have to develop on WinNT Envt.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asifkhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer FILE from UNIX to WIN2000/XP

it's possible make a transfer file with a remote command from UNIX SYSTEM to another computer with WIN2000/XP ??? ex.(rsh,ssh ecc.....????) now i use FTP program or telnet connection but ,i find a solution for execute a transfre file in to shell script UNIX (sh or ksh) from windows system (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to transfer a file from unix to window

Hello sir/Madam, I m writing in unix prompt folllowing- >ftp <local ip> // my pc ip is 10.64.0.59 Then following message is displayed- "ftp: connect: Connection refused" Please help me to solve this problem. Thanking you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfer file from unix to windows on same PC

Hi, Do any one know the shell script code to transfer a file from unix to windows on same PC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
netrc(5)							File Formats Manual							  netrc(5)

Name
       netrc - file used by ftp auto-login procedure (.netrc)

Description
       The  file  contains  frequently needed options for transfers.  The file resides in the owner's home directory on the machine from which the
       owner initiates the file transfer.  If the file includes passwords, set permissions on the file with so that only the owner has	read  per-
       mission.

The file uses the following format:

o    Each line of the file defines options for a specific machine.

o    A line in the file can be either a machine line or a default line.

o    The default line must be the first line in the file if it is present.

o    Fields in a default line appear in this order: default, default machine name.

o    Fields in a machine line appear in this order: machine, machine name, options.

o    Fields on each line are separated by spaces or tabs.

The following are valid options for a machine line:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
       Option	  Parameter	 Default      Description
       machine	  machine name	 none	      Identifies a remote
					      machine name
       login	  name		 local name   Identifies user on the
					      remote machine
       password   password	 none	      Password for remote
					      login name
       account	  password	 none	      Additional account password
       macdef	  macro name	 none	      Defines a macro like the
					      ftp macdef command

Example
       This is an example of a file:
       machine cactus login smith
       machine nic.ddn.mil login anonymous password anonymous
       machine palm.stateu.edu login smith password ualonerwelcome
       macdef byenow
       quit

macdef ls
       dir

The first line allows to log Smith into the machine after prompting for and receiving Smith's password, as shown in this example:
       $ ftp cactus
       Connected to cactus.tech.edu
       FTP server ready.
       Password required for SMITH.
       User logged in
       ftp>

The second line of the file allows the user to perform an anonymous transfer after typing this command:
       $ ftp nic.ddn.mil
       See for a description of anonymous FTP transfers.

The  third  line allows Smith to log into the machine Smith will not be prompted for a password because this machine line includes password
       information.  Because the file includes password information, the file must not have read permission set for world and group.

The lines are macro definitions, which operate much like shell aliases.	A blank line must follow each macro definition to signal  the  end
       of the macro.  The first macro definition defines as an alias for the command.

See Also
       ftp(1c)

netrc(5)