Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX printer setup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HP-UX printer setup Post 54150 by TimeFlow on Wednesday 4th of August 2004 08:13:46 AM
Old 08-04-2004
i have nearle the same problem with our server. one workstation cannot print but all others can do.

i have no idea what to do!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Local Printer Setup

Hi to all, A real virgin to unix, so sorry for such a basic question. Have a older unix terminal with crashed server. Software resides to terminal. Don't have network printing capabilities. I removed network printer and gone local, but don't know how to redirect the device for local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rogie
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

printer port setup

Does anybody know how to add a printer from network in Solaris 10 using IP settings? according to our IT support, in order to add this printer in Windows XP we introduce it as a local printer which is connected to a port with an IP address, like 128.79.44.110. Anyway I don't know how it can be done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arash05
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Printer Setup

How do you add a HP network printer on a Sun Solaris Unix box? I have the IP address of the printer. I try using the admintool tool, but am confusing about setup the printer to connect to the IP address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racquetbal
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Printer Setup Issues

We have several printers setup to send the print file to a specific IP address and place in a specific folder based on printer selection (this is a Win2000 Server). The issue we are having is before sending the file, I do a lpstat for the printer and it shows ready and waiting. We send the job to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurt.renn@rmsna
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

printer/filter setup

trying to get my laserjet to print under FC5. Got APSFILTER; what to answer to question 'parallel or serial printer port when it is USB? Do I need an updated filter software? I tried 'parallel', get 'permission denied when I try lp or lpr command- thanks- Marshall (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blann
2 Replies

6. AIX

Cannot setup a printer queue

So I've got this asc file that someone sent me for setting up a Zebra printer on AIX. When I use smit or the command line I get this error when I try to setup the printer up: File /usr/lib/lpd/pio/predef/master does not exist. The master file is there. This only happens when I setup a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hurmoth
2 Replies

7. Linux

Printer Setup(s)

I'm so frustrated. I have almost no experience with setting up printers and networking through Linux. That being said, I need some help. In fact, I don't even know if this setup is possible, and for all I know, I might need a Window's solution. I'm a hardcore Linux guy, so talk to me that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewrockshard
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

printer setup issue

I am a linux newbie who is in over his head.... We have a 3rd party company hosting our servers and they are running RHEL 4 (actaully is is OEL, but Oracle just rebranded RH) they installed a bunch of printers on the servers there. Our application prints but the formatt is off. When we had the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayjabour
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Printer Setup - Model

Hi, I have set up an HP printer, model 2300, on an Integrity server running on HP-Ux B.11.31; using the Jetdirect Printer Installer For Unix, version E.10.34. This particular printer is printing the same job multiple times and I cannot figur out why that is. 1. Is there perhaps a flag in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koketso
0 Replies

10. Hardware

Printer Setup

Hi, I have set up an HP printer, model 2300, on an Integrity server sunning on HP-Ux B.11.31 using the Jetdirect Printer Installer For Unix, version E.10.34. This particular printer is printing the same job multiple times and I cannot figur out why that is. Is ther perhaps a flag in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koketso
1 Replies
HTNTLM(1)							   User Commands							 HTNTLM(1)

NAME
htntlm - read/write NTLM message SYNOPSIS
htntlm [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
htntlm is used to read, generate and inspect NTLM messages. OPTIONS
-v --version Print version number and exit -h --help Display usage information (this message) -r --read read a NTLM base64 encoded message -w --write write a NTLM base64 encoded message -i --info print in a readable manner -d --debug print debug information -t --type NTLM message type 1, 2 or 3 -D --domain Domain name -W --workstation Workstation name -E --server Workstation name -O --os-version OS Version major.minor.build -T --target Target name -N --dns-domain DNS domain name -S --dns-server DNS server name -a --target-info Target info as provided in NTLM type 2 message base64 encoded, need for NTLMv2 -U --user User name -P --password password -C --challenge Challenge in hex notation -c --client-challengeClient challenge in hex notation, default is a random -X --context Context in hex notation -K --session-key Session Key -R --response response type space separated: lm ntlm lm2 ntlm2 ntlm2-session -u --unicode transmit user, workstation, ... as unicode strings -f --flags Space separated NTLM flags neg-unicode: Indicates that Unicode strings are supported for use in security buffer data. neg-oem: Indicates that OEM strings are supported for use in security buffer data. req-target: Requests that the server's authentication realm be included in the Type 2 message. neg-sign: Specifies that authenticated communication between the client and server should carry a digital signature (message integrity). neg-seal: Specifies that authenticated communication between the client and server should be encrypted (message confidentiality). neg-datagram-style: Indicates that datagram authentication is being used. neg-lm-key: Indicates that the Lan Manager Session Key should be used for signing and sealing authenticated communications. neg-netware: This flag's usage has not been identified. neg-ntlm-key: Indicates that NTLM authentication is being used. neg-anonymous: Sent by the client in the Type 3 message to indicate that an anonymous context has been established. This also affects the response fields. neg-domain-supp: Sent by the client in the Type 1 message to indicate that the name of the domain in which the client workstation has membership is included in the message. This is used by the server to determine whether the client is eligible for local authentication. neg-workstation-supp: Sent by the client in the Type 1 message to indicate that the client workstation's name is included in the message. This is used by the server to determine whether the client is eligible for local authentication. neg-local-call: Sent by the server to indicate that the server and client are on the same machine. Implies that the client may use the established local credentials for authentication instead of calculating a response to the challenge. neg-always_sign: Indicates that authenticated communication between the client and server should be signed with a "dummy" signature. target-type-domain: Sent by the server in the Type 2 message to indicate that the target authentication realm is a domain. target-type-server: Sent by the server in the Type 2 message to indicate that the target authentication realm is a server. target-type-share: Sent by the server in the Type 2 message to indicate that the target authentication realm is a share. Presumably, this is for share-level authentication. Usage is unclear. neg-ntlm2-key: Indicates that the NTLM2 signing and sealing scheme should be used for protecting authenticated communications. Note that this refers to a particular session security scheme, and is not related to the use of NTLMv2 authentication. This flag can, however, have an effect on the response calculations req-init-res: This flag's usage has not been identified req-accept-res: This flag's usage has not been identified req-nonnt-session-key: This flag's usage has not been identified neg-target-info: Sent by the server in the Type 2 message to indicate that it is including a Target Information block in the message. The Target Information block is used in the calculation of the NTLMv2 response. neg-128: Indicates that 128-bit encryption is supported. neg-key-exchange: Indicates that the client will provide an encrypted master key in the "Session Key" field of the Type 3 message. neg-56: Indicates that 56-bit encryption is supported. AUTHOR
Written by Christian Liesch COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. htntlm 2.2.6 June 2012 HTNTLM(1)