Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Patch Pro
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sun Patch Pro Post 54004 by finster on Friday 30th of July 2004 02:03:14 AM
Old 07-30-2004
I just found the doc and commands for patchpro 2.2.

It appears that if I open a browser and goto the web page it is a GUI of patch pro(patchproexpert) and if I use command line and enter commands "pprosetup -H" and "smpatch analyze" I get the same results but cmd line.

The GUI looks convienent because you can click on the readme and get details about the patch quickly. Only thing is I just installed the reccomended cluster patch and it still list a slew in patch pro.

anyone offer any advice on patch management// or using patchpro or not?

Am I correct in my findings or is there more?

Thanks.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire V440 and Patch 109147-39

Got an curious issue. I applied 109147-39 to, oh 15 or so various systems all running Jumpstarted Solaris 8. When I hit the first two V440s, they both failed with Return code 139. All non shell commands segfaulted from then on. The patch modified mainly the linker libraries and commands. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies
GENSKYVEC(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GENSKYVEC(1)

NAME
genskyvec - compute patch radiance averages for a specific sky SYNOPSIS
genskyvec [ -m N ][ -c r g b ] DESCRIPTION
Genskyvec samples the Radinace sky description given on the standard input to generate a list of average patch radiances. If there is a sun in the description, genskyvec will include its contribution in the three nearest sky patches, distributing energy according to centroid proximity. By default, genskyvec divides the sky into 2305 patches, plus one patch for the ground. This corresponds to Reinhart's extension of the Tregenza sky, where the original 145 patches are subdivided into 16 subpatches, except at the zenith. A different subdivision may be spec- ified via the -m option. The value given will be used to subdivide each dimension, so the default of 4 yields almost 16 times as many patches as the original Tregenza sky, which can be specified with -m 1. A higher resolution sky is generally better for daylight coeffi- cient analysis where solar position is important. The -c option may be used to specify a color for the sky. The gray value should equal 1 for proper energy balance The default sky color is -c 0.960 1.004 1.118 . EXAMPLE
To generate 578 patches corresponding to a 2x2 subdivision of the Tregenza sky on a sunny equinox noon: gensky 9 21 12 | genskyvec -m 2 > sky09_21_12.dat AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
dctimestep(1), genBSDF(1), gensky(1), gentregvec(1), rtcontrib(1), rtrace(1) RADIANCE
12/09/09 GENSKYVEC(1)