Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: network on solaris
Operating Systems Solaris network on solaris Post 53971 by RTM on Thursday 29th of July 2004 11:27:25 AM
Old 07-29-2004
qfe0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4>

From what you put before, your qfe0 is up. There isn't much more you could do on the server. If you aren't getting the error messages I posted earlier, then you probably have a cable plugged in. It may be a bad port on the other side.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Sun Solaris Network

The infomation: Sun Ultra10 (SPARC),OS Solaris 8 I finished installed Solaris8 on my workstation, i want configure the net. When i run ,'ifconfig -a ' ,i did't find my familiar 'hme0,hme1' network interface,my interface is good and the reticle is connected correctly. Pls help me, tell me how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Network question

I have a machine that has developed a strange network problem. Anytime it sends an FTP file somewherwe, no problem. When it is the target machine, extremely slow. I checked the /var/adm/messages file and found a few of these: SUNW,hme0 : No response from Ethernet network : Link down -- cable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Getting solaris on my network

I have a solaris x86 box that ive been having trouble getting on my network, anyone know a good guide that can take me through it step by step? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xtremepancakez
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Network Solaris

Hi gurus, I need book to learn about network in Solaris 9 Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mass1123
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Getting Solaris machine into Network

I have installed solaris x86 on a standalone PC. Now I have connected a LAN cable to it. What do I do next for further configuration or to access internet from that solaris machine? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
16 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris 8 network

hi all, how do i change the routing info and make sure i will be able to connect remotely? any ideas please? thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Network on solaris

Hi, i have installed solaris on virtual box in my desktop, i wanted to know how to make it network enabled(nated network). Nated network means it will use same IP as of my windows right? so is it possible that using the same IP i can enable the network on this virtual box. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amult
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10.8 installation over network

Hi, I'm very new to Solaris world and istarted my learnign with a Blade T6320 Server. I was trying to install Solaris 10.8 from a DVD image over the network. But from the client(the machine which i want to install Solaris) when i tried boot net , i am getting a message like " cannto find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerinvjose
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Install Solaris 10 through network

Hi all, I got a Fujitsu P650 server running on Solaris 9 and we are going to re-install Solaris 10 . W have a build server in a different IP segment. So we setup a boot server and /etc/ethers and /etc/bootparams are all updated. When I issue boot net -install, I'm getting the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Network Interface -- Solaris

Dear All, I have a solaris Server in which I have 4 network interfaces , out of which only one is used . So all the applications are using this interface . The interface speed is 1000Mbps . I find no hardware issue or packets g being dropped. But i find that no of Input and Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies
sasl_server_new(3)						  SASL man pages						sasl_server_new(3)

NAME
sasl_server_new - Create a new server authentication object SYNOPSIS
#include <sasl/sasl.h> int sasl_server_new(const char *service, const char *serverFQDN, const char *user_realm, const char *iplocalport, const char *ipremoteport, const sasl_callback_t *callbacks, unsigned flags, sasl_conn_t ** pconn); DESCRIPTION
sasl_server_new() creates a new SASL context. This context will be used for all SASL calls for one connection. It handles both authentica- tion and integrity/encryption layers after authentication. service is the registered name of the service (usually the protocol name) using SASL (e.g. "imap"). serverFQDN is the fully qualified server domain name. NULL means use gethostname(). This is useful for multi-homed servers. user_realm is the domain of the user agent. This is usually not necessary (NULL is default) iplocalport is the IP and port of the local side of the connection, or NULL. If iplocalport is NULL it will disable mechanisms that require IP address information. This strings must be in one of the following formats: "a.b.c.d;port" (IPv4), "e:f:g:h:i:j:k:l;port" (IPv6), or "e:f:g:h:i:j:a.b.c.d;port" (IPv6) ipremoteport is the IP and port of the remote side of the connection, or NULL (see iplocalport) flags are connection flags (see below) pconn is a pointer to the connection context allocated by the library. This structure will be used for all future SASL calls for this con- nection. Connection Flags SASL_SUCCESS_DATA The protocol supports a server-last send SASL_NEED_PROXY Force the use of a mechanism that supports an authorization id that is not the authentication id. RETURN VALUE
sasl_server_new() returns an integer which corresponds to one of the SASL error codes. SASL_OK is the only one that indicates success. All others indicate errors and should either be handled or the authentication session should be quit. CONFORMING TO
RFC 4422 SEE ALSO
sasl(3), sasl_errors(3), sasl_server_init(3), sasl_server_start(3), sasl_server_step(3), sasl_setprop(3) SASL
16 May 2001 sasl_server_new(3)