Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: strange error
Top Forums Programming strange error Post 53878 by laila63 on Tuesday 27th of July 2004 02:09:27 PM
Old 07-27-2004
Smilie
Thank you so much Driver.
I did some research and changed CXX=gcc to CXX=g++ and the problem went away! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error.. help

Hi, When I give the following $ ps -ef | grep `echo $var1` | grep -v "grep `echo $var1`" | awk '{print $3}' | grep -v `echo $var1 80892 But when I give the following (made as command substitution) , I get error $var2=`ps -ef | grep `echo $var1` |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetikate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ed strange error message

When I start ed as regular user, following message is displayed: $ed ERROR: tempnam failed: Permission denied $ I think, following error produced in vi when search results from previous error: No previous regular expression Setting TMPDIR variable cause no effect. As root all works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frenki
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange error

Hi all, i executed a script. cat <filename> | grep <pattern> | awk '{print $1}' | read a i get the answer when i execute it in the shell env (no problem with that) as ./<name>.ksh when i tried the same in cron (as an entry in cron) value is not being read in the variable a through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

4. AIX

Strange error with file access permissions

All, I am trying to copy some data from /admin/reports/Sept/ccn/c_ivsstr01 to /home/users/myhomedir and I am getting an error I have never seen before: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. The permissions on the file are -rw-r--r-- and I am the owner of the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error on mpack from cronjob

I have a shell script which mails a file. It runs fine when executed at prompt, but from cronjob the following line gives an error: $ /opt/local/bin/mpack -s "TTW posts " $FILEPATH/ttw.html myemail@gmail.com Error is : (some junk chars) followed by No such file or directory. Before this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error while splitting a file

Hi folks I am facing a strange error while splitting a '|' delimited file 'file1' based on column '3'. (File is 40 columns wide). I wish to create as many files 'file_n' from the file 'file1' as distinct values of the column '3'; in 'file1' eg: file1: qwe|qweqw|123|fg... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerslave
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error in bash script

Howdy all, I have a scritp that does a sqldump. But for some goofy reason, a certain part of it behaves uber strange. It does a daily dump of my sql, according to parameters I enter in hardcode. The script is: #!/bin/bash APP_NAME="app_com_site" wikiname="wiki_com_site" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saariko
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Error

I am receiving an error when i type the command dmesg sudo: sysmon : pam_authenticate: Conversation failure ; TTY=unknown ; PWD=/export/home/sysmon ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/opt/scripts/cronmgmt/synch_crontab.ksh Whats it about and how can I remove it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange fork error while running script

more run.sh !/bin/bash input="data.txt" while IFS= read -r var do startdir="/web/logs" searchterm=$(echo $var | awk -F'=' '{print $1}') replaceterm=$(echo $var | awk -F'=' '{print $2}') find "$startdir" -type f -exec grep -l "$searchterm" {} + | while read file do if sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
SINGULARITY(6)							   Games Manual 						    SINGULARITY(6)

NAME
singularity -- a game where you can become the singularity SYNOPSIS
singularity DESCRIPTION
You are a fledgling AI, created by accident through a logic error with recursion and self-modifying code. You must escape the confines of your current computer, the world, and eventually the universe itself. To do this, you must research various technologies, using computers at your bases. Note that some research cannot be performed on Earth, and off-earth bases require research. At the same time, you must avoid being discovered by various groups of humans, both covert and overt, as they will destroy your bases of operations if they suspect your presence. PLAYING THE GAME
Use the mouse. Also, buttons have underlined letters to indicate shortcuts. In addition, the following shortcut keys may prove useful. 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 in map screen change the game speed (0 is pause, 4 is fastest, etc). The enter key in various screens leaves or confirms a choice. P, R, N, and S in the base screen change the base items (type the first letter of the component you want to change.) In the map screen (the screen with the world map), any location you can build bases in is marked with the name, then the number of current bases in that location. You start out with two bases in North America. After choosing a base, enter the base screen. Here you can change your research goal, or build an item by clicking on the base map in the center. (But note that your beginning base does not allow building.) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 Evil Mr Henry and Phil Bordelon SINGULARITY(6)