Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: strange error
Top Forums Programming strange error Post 53875 by laila63 on Tuesday 27th of July 2004 01:29:42 PM
Old 07-27-2004
Question strange error

hi,

when i try to compile, i got the following error message, what does it mean?

Code:
$gcc auto.cpp
/usr/tmp/ccmuE12B.o(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error.. help

Hi, When I give the following $ ps -ef | grep `echo $var1` | grep -v "grep `echo $var1`" | awk '{print $3}' | grep -v `echo $var1 80892 But when I give the following (made as command substitution) , I get error $var2=`ps -ef | grep `echo $var1` |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetikate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ed strange error message

When I start ed as regular user, following message is displayed: $ed ERROR: tempnam failed: Permission denied $ I think, following error produced in vi when search results from previous error: No previous regular expression Setting TMPDIR variable cause no effect. As root all works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frenki
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange error

Hi all, i executed a script. cat <filename> | grep <pattern> | awk '{print $1}' | read a i get the answer when i execute it in the shell env (no problem with that) as ./<name>.ksh when i tried the same in cron (as an entry in cron) value is not being read in the variable a through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

4. AIX

Strange error with file access permissions

All, I am trying to copy some data from /admin/reports/Sept/ccn/c_ivsstr01 to /home/users/myhomedir and I am getting an error I have never seen before: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. The permissions on the file are -rw-r--r-- and I am the owner of the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error on mpack from cronjob

I have a shell script which mails a file. It runs fine when executed at prompt, but from cronjob the following line gives an error: $ /opt/local/bin/mpack -s "TTW posts " $FILEPATH/ttw.html myemail@gmail.com Error is : (some junk chars) followed by No such file or directory. Before this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error while splitting a file

Hi folks I am facing a strange error while splitting a '|' delimited file 'file1' based on column '3'. (File is 40 columns wide). I wish to create as many files 'file_n' from the file 'file1' as distinct values of the column '3'; in 'file1' eg: file1: qwe|qweqw|123|fg... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerslave
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error in bash script

Howdy all, I have a scritp that does a sqldump. But for some goofy reason, a certain part of it behaves uber strange. It does a daily dump of my sql, according to parameters I enter in hardcode. The script is: #!/bin/bash APP_NAME="app_com_site" wikiname="wiki_com_site" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saariko
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Error

I am receiving an error when i type the command dmesg sudo: sysmon : pam_authenticate: Conversation failure ; TTY=unknown ; PWD=/export/home/sysmon ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/opt/scripts/cronmgmt/synch_crontab.ksh Whats it about and how can I remove it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange fork error while running script

more run.sh !/bin/bash input="data.txt" while IFS= read -r var do startdir="/web/logs" searchterm=$(echo $var | awk -F'=' '{print $1}') replaceterm=$(echo $var | awk -F'=' '{print $2}') find "$startdir" -type f -exec grep -l "$searchterm" {} + | while read file do if sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
ANNOTATE-OUTPUT(1)                                            General Commands Manual                                           ANNOTATE-OUTPUT(1)

NAME
annotate-output - annotate program output with time and stream SYNOPSIS
annotate-output [options] program [args ...] DESCRIPTION
annotate-output will execute the specified program, while prepending every line with the current time and O for stdout and E for stderr. OPTIONS
+FORMAT Controls the timestamp format, as per date(1). Defaults to "%H:%M:%S". -h, --help Display a help message and exit successfully. EXAMPLE
$ annotate-output make 21:41:21 I: Started make 21:41:21 O: gcc -Wall program.c 21:43:18 E: program.c: Couldn't compile, and took me ages to find out 21:43:19 E: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status 21:43:19 E: make: *** [all] Error 1 21:43:19 I: Finished with exitcode 2 BUGS
Since stdout and stderr are processed in parallel, it can happen that some lines received on stdout will show up before later-printed stderr lines (and vice-versa). This is unfortunately very hard to fix with the current annotation strategy. A fix would involve switching to PTRACE'ing the process. Giving nice a (much) higher priority over the executed program could however cause this behaviour to show up less frequently. The program does not work as well when the output is not linewise. In particular, when an interactive program asks for input, the question might not be shown until after you have answered it. This will give the impression that the annotated program has hung, while it has not. SEE ALSO
date(1) SUPPORT
This program is community-supported (meaning: you'll need to fix it yourself). Patches are however appreciated, as is any feedback (posi- tive or negative). AUTHOR
annotate-output was written by Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> This manpage comes under the same copyright as annotate-output itself, read /usr/bin/annotate-output (or wherever you install it) for the details. DEBIAN Debian Utilities ANNOTATE-OUTPUT(1)