Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tftp question
Operating Systems Linux tftp question Post 53872 by jalburger on Tuesday 27th of July 2004 01:18:03 PM
Old 07-27-2004
never mind....I just noticed the leading "." in the IP address in the hosts.allow file. That fixed it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP setup

ok, I configured inetd.conf so that the tftp string is not commented out, but I cannot get the process to start. I'm running Solaris 5.8 and need some help. Cabletron said that it's process is 3485, i tried to kill it, it's the wrong process. I started inetd again and still can't kill it. i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootp/tftp

Hi, Setting up print queue, using SMIT on AIX And I have an option saying do I wish to make this a BOOTP/TFTP server. What exactly does this do? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

TFTP question

I have been hearing that this protocol offers faster throughput rate than FTP, is it true? If so, are there any compromise in reliability on data being sent? How do I set up a TFTP transfer instead of a FTP to download? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ho_k
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tftp

Is it possible to copy files between two computers with TFTP.And how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bericica
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enabling TFTP

ive been trying to enable a tftp service on a unix box using the command atftpd --daemon but when i scan the open ports using nmap it doesnt show that port 21 as up does anyone know the reason... ive tried /etc/init.d/atftpd start , it didnt work if i type atftpd by it self it gives me a set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratamahatta
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tftp troubleshooting

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP not found

Hi, I'm trying to run the tftp client on tsch shell and I get command not found, but on bash tftp ran fine, can anyone help me on how to run it on tsch? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wsn
1 Replies

8. Linux

tftp will not start.

I have setup nimol on a Fedora 9 machine. Nimol is installed and correctly configured and I have a client rs6000 (43p) declared in the dhcpd.conf file. all is running correctly and tftp is installed. I am monitoring /var/log/messages when I start the 43p and see the dhcp request come in and a reply... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 TFTP log

I am new to Solaris 10 and am having an issue with a Solaris 10 system, which has had the TFTP Enabled and the TFTP "root" directory created with the desired files loaded into it. What I need is to review the log for the TFTP connections or attempted connections to try and verify the get/put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: campbelldw
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with iptables while doing tftp.

Hi all, I have a problem. I have iptables enabled in my ubuntu system on which tftp server is configured. Now when I try to do a tftpget from another ubuntu 32-bit machine, file transfer is not happening. But, when iptables are disabled, everything is fine. I heard that some ip_conntrack module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
0 Replies
saslfinger(1)						      General Commands Manual						     saslfinger(1)

NAME
saslfinger - A utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix SYNOPSIS
saslfinger [-chs] DESCRIPTION
saslfinger is a utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix. Depending on how you run it, it will search for informa- tion on server-side or client-side SMTP AUTH configuration settings in Postfix and Cyrus SASL. OPTIONS
-c If you run saslfinger with the option -c it will collect data required for client-side SMTP AUTH. Client-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtp daemon uses SMTP AUTH to authenticate itself with a remote mail server that offers SMTP AUTH. saslfinger will try to telnet to all hosts listed in smtp_sasl_password_maps, if it may read smtp_sasl_password_maps The telnet test verifies your host is able to reach the remote servers and shows what AUTH mechanisms they offer - in some cases this is required to debug client-side SMTP AUTH. Important: By default smtp_sasl_password_maps must be read-only to root, since these maps contain the usernames and passwords to authenticate. If you run saslfinger as root access will be no problem, but saslfinger will fail if you lack the permissions to access smtp_sasl_password_maps. If you want to run the telnet test, but don't want to run saslfinger as root change permissions of smtp_sasl_password_maps so that the user running saslfinger may access smtp_sasl_password_maps while you debug. *note: You don't need to worry about saslfinger doing anything with the username or password stored next to the remote hosts in your smtp_sasl_password_maps; saslfinger completely ignores these informations! -h If you run saslfinger with the option -h it will print a little help message that tells you about the options you can use. -s If you run saslfinger with the option -s it will collect data required for server-side SMTP AUTH. Server-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtpd daemon offers SMTP AUTH to mail clients. FILES
saslfinger - the script you need to run. saslfinger.1 - the man page you are currently reading. AUTHOR
Patrick Koetter, <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de>, http://www.state-of-mind.de You will find the newest version of saslfinger at http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/. BUGS
Please report bugs to <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de> Manuals User saslfinger(1)