Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CD Drive is busy
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users CD Drive is busy Post 53869 by Tux on Tuesday 27th of July 2004 01:13:00 PM
Old 07-27-2004
If you do lsof /mnt/cdrom
it will tell you which processes are using the cdrom. If you are using a GUI you may find that File Managers seem to hang on to your drive for an inordinate amount of time.
If you are ruthless, like myself, you can just kill them.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

2. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem mystery: disks are not busy on one machine, very busy on a similar box

Hi, We have a filesystem mystery on our hands. Given: 2 machines, A and Aa. Machine Aa is the problem machine. Machine A is running Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.22.9 #1 SMP Wed Feb 20 08:46:16 CST 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux. Machine Aa is running RHEL5.3, kernel 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 11:41:38... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mschwage
2 Replies

4. Hardware

How to Clone a Drive with 512 byte Sectors to a Drive with 4096 bytes/sector (AF)?

I have a 320 GB drive which dual boots Windows and Debian: Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal):... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillipsoasis
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies
cdde.xml(5)															       cdde.xml(5)

NAME
cdde.xml - Configuration file for cdde DESCRIPTION
When cdde is run for the first time, an example xml configuration file (~/.cdde.xml) is created for you: <?xml version="1.0"?> <cdde delay="5000000"> <drive path="/dev/cdrom"> <audio command="echo An audio cd was inserted."/> <data command="echo A data cd was inserted."/> <dvd command="echo A dvd was inserted."/> <vcd command="echo A vcd was inserted."/> <svcd command="echo A svcd was inserted."/> <blank command="echo A blank cdr/dvdr was inserted."/> <mixed command="echo A mixed (audio/data) cd was inserted."/> </drive> </cdde> This default file is not very useful, and so I suggest you to edit it to your needs before running cdde again. You may add as many drive entries, or commands as you like. If multiple entries are found for a type of disc then all entries will be run in the order they are found. The specific device in use can be passed to the command with one of the following special tags: %dev% - is replaced with the device name of the cdrom that just had a disc inserted %mnt% - is replaced with the listed mount point for the cdrom that just had a disc inserted Note: %mnt% is determined through your fstab (usually located in /etc) file. If you do not have a listing for each <drive> in the fstab this will cause problems. This way, you can tell your video player which device to use when playing a VCD, for example. EXAMPLE
This is an example of ~/.cdde.xml file: <?xml version="1.0"?> <cdde delay="5000000"> <drive path="/dev/cdroms/cdrom0"/> <audio command="xmms %mnt%"/> <data command="mount %mnt%"/> <dvd command="xterm -iconic -e mplayer -fs -xineramascreen 1 -dvd 1"/> <vcd command="xterm -iconic -e mplayer -fs -xineramascreen 1 -vcd 1"/> <svcd command="xterm -iconic -e mplayer -fs -xineramascreen 1 -vcd 1"/> <blank command="gcombust"/> <mixed command="mount %mnt%"/> </drive> </cdde> FILES
~/.cdde.xml SEE ALSO
cdde(1) AUTHORS
Eric Lathrop <eric@ericlathrop.com> Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> WEBSITE
For the latest release of cdde, see: http://cdde.sourceforge.net/ Eric Lathrop 0.3.1 cdde.xml(5)