Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Functionality difference between HP-UX Release 10.20 and 11.00 Post 53782 by puspendu on Sunday 25th of July 2004 12:27:35 AM
Old 07-25-2004
Question Functionality difference between HP-UX Release 10.20 and 11.00

Hi All,

What is the difference with respect to functionality point of view, between HP-UX Release 10.20 and HP-UX Release 11.00?
Does the if condition statement in the shell script behave differently in these two releases?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between SunOS Release and Solaris Release

Whats the difference between Solaris Relase and SunOS Release?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date functionality

Hi, Could someone help me to get yesterday's date in MMDDYY format. echo `date '+%m%d%y'` is giving me today's date in the above format. Thanks in advance for your help.. Suresh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svannala1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed functionality

I have a few xml files and I want to input say 5 parameters within each file. is it possible to do so with sed? <parameter>A</parameter> <parameter>B</parameter> .... .... And so on. These parameters are meant to go in just inside: <?xml... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: collern2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restartibility Functionality....

Hello, I am trying to write a script that has a option of restarting the script from where it failed. I have to write a script called Batch.sh. This script has to run quite a few sql files as shown below: logcmd.sh -f test1.sql logcmd.sh -f test2.sql logcmd.sh -f test3.sql logcmd.sh -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using functionality in another ksh

i have a function defined in one ksh i want to use the same functionality in another ksh i am using . ../<ksh name> but it is not picking that functionality what i have to do for the same (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe Functionality

Hi, I am trying to emulate the '|' functionality through pipe function call. I am passing the o/p of exec in parent as input to the exec in child. The buf is readin the o/p but the exec in child is not working. Can somebody checkout the code and point where am i going wrong or missing something.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amejoish
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Functionality

Hi everyone, today i need that someone help to understand this particular line of command. So you can explain to me step by step, it will be great. ---------- Post updated at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:51 AM ---------- (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip -r Functionality

Hi , I've written the following code to zip the big file $dir_temp ="/home/etc/hst zip -r $dir_temp/file_nm.zip $dir_temp/file_nm The zip file has been created . When I try to UNZIP the file with the following command unzip file_nm.zip The file got unzipped but created in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script lock functionality

Hi All, My requirement is i have a script A.sh .When a person A runs the script A.sh it should get locked and person B should not run the script. i followed the below code f_script_lock() { process=$1 user=`ps -ef | grep -i "$process" | grep -i 'ksh' | awk '{print $1;}'` if ; then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP and SFTP functionality

Hi Friends, I need to make a Unix script, where i need ftp and sftp functionality. Let me describe in details: I need to import few files from remote server, now these remote server either support ftp or sftp not both. So i need a script where my script will try to do ftp first and if it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
8 Replies
ibcm(7D)							      Devices								  ibcm(7D)

NAME
ibcm - Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager DESCRIPTION
The Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager (IBCM) is a Solaris kernel misc module that adheres to the InfiniBand Architecture Specifica- tion, Volume 1: Release 1.1 for InfiniBand Communication Management Class. IBCM provides a transport layer abstraction to IB clients to set up reliable connected channels along with service, multicast, and path lookup-related functionality. IBCM implements the CM protocol as per the InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 and utilizes the InfiniBand Management Framework module for all IB management-related functionality and the InfiniBand Transport Layer (see ibtl(7D)) for all IB Verbs-related functionality. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibcm 32-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibcm 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibcm 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ibtl(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 2 Apr 2004 ibcm(7D)