Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers i have tried but i can't get my internet connection to work??? Post 5374 by justchillin on Monday 13th of August 2001 04:48:53 PM
Old 08-13-2001
i have tried but i can't get my internet connection to work???

for those who have read my earlier posts i have been trying for about a week and a half to get my internet connection working with no results...

my isp is ex-pressnet (in VA)...one-way cable internet service (dial-up for uploads, cable for downloads) using a com21 cable modem...this is extremly frustrating and i would really appreciate any help you can give... oh, and i've tried calling my isp but they don't have tech support for unix Smilie

thanks in advance...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i can't get on the internet

hello :( i have just installed linux mandrake 7.1 and i've been trying to get help EVERYWHERE!! i can't get on the internet. it dials the modem and connects but when i try and go 2 any web pages it gets no further than looking for the server. plleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help thanks,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mipsy
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I can't connect to the internet???

I have installed Mandrake 8.0...however I can't seem to connect to the internet while using it. I have dial up upstream and cable downstream (if that helps). Can anyone help me out??? Thanks. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
14 Replies

3. Programming

why doesn't this work?????

i keep getting the following error with the code segment below when i try to compile the program. parse error before '(' parse error before ')' stray '\' in program this is the code segment and the error is on the second line of the segment #define DEBUG(fmt) if(traceflag) {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: token
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

my cable connection does'nt support unix

If my cable company doesn't support unix is there anything I can do. Are there drivers out there or would I be able to buy a third party modem and does it matter what cable co. I use to which cable modem I can use. Thank you for all your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gparsons70
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repquota doesn't work as Cronjob?!?

Hello: I'm trying to run repquota -ag > /home/usersdir/repquota.txt as a daily cronjob at midnight, but the file always ends up blank. I even tried writing a quick Perl script to e-mail me what running that command outputs, and it's nothing. Can root run repquota as a cronjob? Do I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b416
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep doesn't work within shell script?

I am trying to run the following code from a script file but it complains that syntax of (both instances of) grep is wrong. When I copy and paste it to the terminal, it is OK. Any idea what the problem might be? set i = `grep -c #define flags.h` while ($i>20) @ i-- my func (`cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barisgultekin
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unmount doesn't work

Hi guys, I've been trying to unmount a floppy like this: unmount /mnt/floppy But then I get a "command not found" message."mount" works,but why not unmount? I've also tried "eject" but all it does is open up my cdrom drive and I tried "eject /mnt/floppy" but I get an error that says Invalid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DISTURBED
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

my case statement doesn't work..

CO UNixware 7.1.1 Hi friends, I have chopped my case statementt out of my .profile and put it in another script called setsid. The case statement works when run from my .profile but not from my setsid file. All that the script does is set an environmental variable based on user input.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Internet connection

I got solaris 10 works, but I cannot set up my internet connection. When I ping a website and i open the web browser, it doesn't work. When the installation asked 'Am I in a network?' i answerd 'no'. I think this is my minstake. How can i get Internet, now? I have a ADSL modem (not router).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies
APCSMART(8)						      Network UPS Tools (NUT)						       APCSMART(8)

NAME
apcsmart - Driver for American Power Conversion Smart Protocol UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the apcsmart driver. For information about the core driver, see nutups- drv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
apcsmart should recognize all APC models that use a serial protocol at 2400 bps. This is primarily the Smart-UPS and Matrix-UPS lines, but some Back-UPS Pro models are also supported. Some older hardware may only report a handful of variables. This is usually not a bug - they just don't support anything else. CABLING
This driver expects to see a 940-0024C cable or a clone by default. You can switch to the 940-0095B dual-mode cable support with the cable= definition described below. If your 940-0024C cable is broken or missing, use this diagram to build a clone: http://www.exploits.org/nut/library/cables/940-0024C.jpg EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following optional settings in the ups.conf(5): cable=940-0095B Configure the serial port for the APC 940-0095B dual-mode cable. sdtype=num Use shutdown type num, according to this table: 0: soft shutdown or powerdown, depending on battery status 1: soft shutdown followed by powerdown 2: instant power off 3: power off with grace period Modes 0 and 1 will power up the load when power returns. Modes 2 and 3 will keep the load turned off when the power returns. BUGS
Some older APC UPS models return bogus data in the status register during a front panel test. This is usually detected and discarded, but some other unexpected values have occasionally slipped through. AUTHOR
Russell Kroll SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.exploits.org/nut/ NUT mailing list archives and information: http://lists.exploits.org/ Tue Oct 22 2002 APCSMART(8)