Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Windows to Unix via Serial Port Post 53725 by encrypted on Thursday 22nd of July 2004 10:56:07 PM
Old 07-22-2004
Send in more details of your problem.If you are trying to send some kind of logs from your windows machine to the unix box you can ftp those logs to the unix box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Serial Port Redirector

Hi , I need to have an application where in I am able to create a virtual Serial port on a UNIX machine for a remote device which is accessible by a IP address and a port number (by terminal server). Both the machine and the remote device are on the same network. So after this application is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveenkj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial port communication

We're running SCO Unix Openserver 5.05 and I'm having trouble with serial communication between the com2 serial port and a handheld device. Downloading data from Unix to the handheld works perfectly, but the other way around creates a major problem. I don't know whether it's a buffer overflow or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aretha
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial port redirector

I need make serial data from virtual serial ports available on a TCP/IP network. For communications with hardware COM ports to send and receive serial data over a local network or the Internet. Example: POSIX machine (/dev/ttyS0) <--- TCP/IP ---> Windows machine COM1 Please help! I try use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steel98
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Serial port problem

I am working with solaris 9 sparc and I want to connect physical device in serial port but when I am connecting it,It is showing the error window saying-- So can any1 tell me the reason or is there any package I have to add to work with serial port??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing serial port

A neighbour's Ubuntu 10.04 machine has five serial ports, one on the motherboard and four on a PCI card. However, only four cards are showing: # dmesg | grep tty console enabled serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A 00:08: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with serial port

Hi, I have a external board connected to my serial port. I need to execute "shutdown -r now" command when system boot up. When system boots up it requires a username ans password. Then I need to run my command. I can use rc script but that is rebooting system before it asks for username and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie.arya
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

port forwarding from unix to windows

Hi, can anyone please tell me how can i do port forwarding from unix box to windows box. Which command will be used for this one. thanks in advance. Arpit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thearpit
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to port a file from unix and save in windows

hi, when i finish running some scripts in unix...some csv file is getting generated...now im manually taking this csv file from this generated directory and using FTP, i'm importing to windows os and saving in a directory... please give me a script to automate this..so that i can add in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies
glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)						       GLUT						      glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutDialsFunc - sets the dial & button box dials callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutDialsFunc(void (*func)(int dial, int value)); ARGUMENTS
func The new dials callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutDialsFunc sets the dial & button box dials callback for the current window. The dial & button box dials callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box dial changes. The dial parameter will be the dial number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box dials can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_DIALS). The value measures the absolute rotation in degrees. Dial values do not ``roll over'' with each com- plete rotation but continue to accumulate degrees (until the int dial value overflows). Registering a dial & button box dials callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box dials callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutDialsFunc disables the generation of dial & button box dials callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box dials callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutButtonBoxFunc, glutDeviceGet AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)