Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Policy Manager
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Policy Manager Post 53651 by mikeinmi on Wednesday 21st of July 2004 10:52:09 AM
Old 07-21-2004
Policy Manager

I have searched all over the SCO website and can't seem to find an answer to this error message. Has anyone seen the following error, and if so what steps do I need to take to fix it? I don't really want to reload the entire OS if I don't have to.

LOGIN: ERROR- Failed to initialize policy manager. (IFOR_PM_FATAL)
The status from the policy manager daemon (PMD - /etc/ifor_pmd) indicates that a serious error condition has occurred. Login is allowed, but the system administrator is strongly advised to consult the SCO online Support Solutions Library (SSL) for assistance; if the SSL is inaccessible, please contact your SCO Support representative.

Thanks in advance
Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

RAID manager or veritas volume manager

Can somebody kindly help me to determine which one i should choose to better manipulate OS volume. RAID manager or veritas volume manager? Any critical differences between those two? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Password policy problem ??

Hi Solaris's expert I need to change user password on Solaris10 2 servers. With the same password I can change it just only one. Try to check everything but not found difference?? password pattern: abcdeFgh9Jk server1 check all characters but server2 check only first 8 characters.Why??... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
10 Replies

3. Red Hat

ipsec policy not working

Hi, I am trying to set a policy between 2 machines for all the ports except for 22 i.e. for tcp - basically I want to bypass ssh. But my policy doesn't seem to work. Here are the entries spdadd 1.2.3.4 4.3.2.1 any -P out prio 100 ipsec esp/transport//require ah/transport//require; spdadd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
0 Replies

4. Solaris

LACP Policy - Which is best?

Hello, I have these S10 boxes with LACP using the L4 policy. Does the L4 policy create a lot more overhead as opposed to using the L2? I'm noticing that my traffic does not seem to be very well load balanced accross the NIC's, and I am wondering if the policy I'm using has anything else to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

User and Password Policy

Hi linux expert, i would like to create a script for listing all user with there password policy. It should be in the following format: Last password change : Sep 19, 2011 Password expires : never Password inactive : never Account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Need patch policy help

I'm working on developing a patch policy for a mid-size and quickly growing company. Patches have been at the bottom of the totem pole for years. I possess the ability and care enough to straighten it out. However I'd like some others input on the best way to handle the patch policy. From when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jlouki01
1 Replies

7. AIX

Password Policy

I need help. I have set a password policy. But I want to dis allow setting user name as password. My policy is as below... min length =8 min diff=2 min alpha=2 max repeats=2 dictionary= /usr/share/dict/words Still user can set his username as password (i.e. Jackie1234). Code tags for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
11 Replies

8. Solaris

Help to create a regex for this policy

Help with creating regex in tripwire : the rule is " The idea of it looks to ensure that just ‘share' isn't used in dfstab, must be /usr/sbin/share" Perform the following to determine if the system is configured as recommended: # grep -v '^#' /etc/dfs/dfstab | grep 'share' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bathija12
1 Replies
SSL_do_handshake(3)						      OpenSSL						       SSL_do_handshake(3)

NAME
SSL_do_handshake - perform a TLS/SSL handshake SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_do_handshake(SSL *ssl); DESCRIPTION
SSL_do_handshake() will wait for a SSL/TLS handshake to take place. If the connection is in client mode, the handshake will be started. The handshake routines may have to be explicitly set in advance using either SSL_set_connect_state(3) or SSL_set_accept_state(3). NOTES
The behaviour of SSL_do_handshake() depends on the underlying BIO. If the underlying BIO is blocking, SSL_do_handshake() will only return once the handshake has been finished or an error occurred, except for SGC (Server Gated Cryptography). For SGC, SSL_do_handshake() may return with -1, but SSL_get_error() will yield SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ/WRITE and SSL_do_handshake() should be called again. If the underlying BIO is non-blocking, SSL_do_handshake() will also return when the underlying BIO could not satisfy the needs of SSL_do_handshake() to continue the handshake. In this case a call to SSL_get_error() with the return value of SSL_do_handshake() will yield SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ or SSL_ERROR_WANT_WRITE. The calling process then must repeat the call after taking appropriate action to satisfy the needs of SSL_do_handshake(). The action depends on the underlying BIO. When using a non-blocking socket, nothing is to be done, but select() can be used to check for the required condition. When using a buffering BIO, like a BIO pair, data must be written into or retrieved out of the BIO before being able to continue. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: 1 The TLS/SSL handshake was successfully completed, a TLS/SSL connection has been established. 0 The TLS/SSL handshake was not successful but was shut down controlled and by the specifications of the TLS/SSL protocol. Call SSL_get_error() with the return value ret to find out the reason. <0 The TLS/SSL handshake was not successful because a fatal error occurred either at the protocol level or a connection failure occurred. The shutdown was not clean. It can also occur of action is need to continue the operation for non-blocking BIOs. Call SSL_get_error() with the return value ret to find out the reason. SEE ALSO
SSL_get_error(3), SSL_connect(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), bio(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 0.9.7a 2002-07-19 SSL_do_handshake(3)