Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting running shell script thru WEB page .... Post 53650 by Nicol on Wednesday 21st of July 2004 10:42:16 AM
Old 07-21-2004
...the "return" of the carriage return........................

......running the shell script on AIX , ksh is treating
2 files like that :

diff $fic_tmp2 $fic_tmp4 > $fic_tmp5 2> /dev/null
echo "$(cat $fic_tmp5|grep \> |sed -e 's/\>//g')"

and got :

name1
name2
name3.........

but when running from the WEB :

the result is :

name1name2name3

Question :

how can i treat $fic_tmp5 to have the same display on the WEB ?

i hope that this time the "^M" is missing !!!!! maybe SED but i'm still searching !!!!

Christian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell program from a web page

Hi, I am looking for a cgi-script which runs a shell script from a web page. When I click "Run" from a web page it should run the shell commands in an textarea and results should get back to web page. Thanks Venkat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatritch
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect to a web-page by shell script

Dear all, I am calling a korn shell script(CGI script) by a web-page. This shell script do some checking in a unix file and return true or false. Now within the same script, If it returns true then I want to redirect to another web-page stored in htdocs directory. Example: Login page sends a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to copy contents of a web page

Hi All, Sorry to ask this question and i am not sure whether it is possible. please reply to my question. Thanks in advance. I need a perl script ( or any linux compatible scripts ) to copy the graphical contents of the webpage to a word pad. Say for example, i have a documentation site... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
10 Replies

4. Web Development

Call shell script from HTML page - without web server

Hi, I have html page in my unix machine(server), which I will open with firefox or mozilla available in unix machine. Firefox or mozilla will be opened using x windows. Since I have access to unix machien(like other users) and this HTML page is for user having access to Unix machine, I see no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamanu9
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to input a number in a web page and pass to a script?

I am working on an embedded linux router and trying to make a webpage where the user can input a desired number of CPE and have a script update that number on the router. I have a CLI where I can log in and type the following to change that number echo "20">/proc/net/dbrctl/maxcpe which then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobTheBulldog
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

Help running a unix script from a web page

First, let me state that I am completely out of my realm with this. I have a server running HPUX. I'm not even sure if this can be considered a UNIX question and for that let me apologize in advance. I need to create a web page where a client can input 2 variables (i.e. date and phone number).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinds
0 Replies

7. AIX

How to Use a UNIX Shell Script to Create an HTML Web Page?

dear friends , in my work i have to monitor some system performance in hourly basis by runing some commands , for example (lpstat) to know that all the queue is ready how can i create webpage and connect it with the server (AIX operating system) and make this page refreshed every 10 second and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rami abusweilei
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random web page download wget script

Hi, I've been attempting to create a script that downloads web pages at random intervals to mimic typical user usage. However I'm struggling to link $url to the URL list and thus wget complains of a missing URL. Any ideas? Thanks #!/bin/sh #URL List url1="http://www.bbc.co.uk"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch the user before executing a shell script from web page??

hi, i want to execute a shell script as a different user. the flow is like this. there is a html web page from which i have to call a shell script. web server is apache. to call the shell script from html page, a perl script is required. so the html page calls the perl script and the perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Refresh web page in bash script

hello, I am trying to refresh my web page which is created in bash script. I have a HTML page which when press a button calls a bash script. this bash script created the same page with dynamic data. When pressing the button I am calling to a function that set time out of 7 seconds and and after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SH78
1 Replies
DIFF(1) 							   User Commands							   DIFF(1)

NAME
slack-diff - compare file contents, modes, etc SYNOPSIS
slack-diff [OPTION]... FILE1 FILE2 DESCRIPTION
A wrapper for diff that displays file modes and other metadata changes. -u -U NUM --unified[=NUM] Tell diff(1) to use unified output format. --diff PROG Use this program for diffing, instead of diff. --fakediff Make a fake diff for file modes and other things that are not file contents. Default is on, can be disabled with --nofakediff. -r --recursive Recursively compare any subdirectories found. -N --new-file Treat missing files as empty. Default is on, can be disabled with --nonew-file. --unidirectional-new-file Treat only missing files in the first directory as empty. --from-file Treat arguments as a list of files from which to read filenames to compare, two lines at a time. -0 --null Use NULLs instead of newlines as the separator in --from-file mode. --devnullhack You have a version of diff that can't deal with -N when not in recursive mode, so we need to feed it /dev/null instead of the miss- ing file. Default is on, can be disabled with --nodevnullhack. --version Output version info. --help Output this help. FILES are `FILE1 FILE2' or `DIR1 DIR2' or `DIR FILE...' or `FILE... DIR'. If --from-file or --to-file is given, there are no restrictions on FILES. If a FILE is `-', read standard input. SEE ALSO
diff(1) diffutils 2.8.1 April 2002 DIFF(1)