Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting running shell script thru WEB page .... Post 53624 by Nicol on Wednesday 21st of July 2004 03:53:52 AM
Old 07-21-2004
Thanks for your help ,

YES it is what i want except that the information received in
QUERY_STRING is DOS format:

TOTO=APP101 is in reality : TOTO=APP101^M
when i use in vi.

Confirmed with the following script , i got 7 characters when i display the variable APP204

echo -e "Content-type: text/html\n\n"
echo "<html><head></head><body>"
echo $QUERY_STRING

typeset -R6 QUERY_STRING
echo $QUERY_STRING
echo $QUERY_STRING|wc -m
typeset -L6 QUERY_STRING
echo $QUERY_STRING
echo $QUERY_STRING|wc -m

echo "</body></html>"

exit 0
the problem is that i want to add a value to APP101 like APP101A ,

how can i delete the "^M" DOS carriage return ?

thanks
Christian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell program from a web page

Hi, I am looking for a cgi-script which runs a shell script from a web page. When I click "Run" from a web page it should run the shell commands in an textarea and results should get back to web page. Thanks Venkat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatritch
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect to a web-page by shell script

Dear all, I am calling a korn shell script(CGI script) by a web-page. This shell script do some checking in a unix file and return true or false. Now within the same script, If it returns true then I want to redirect to another web-page stored in htdocs directory. Example: Login page sends a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to copy contents of a web page

Hi All, Sorry to ask this question and i am not sure whether it is possible. please reply to my question. Thanks in advance. I need a perl script ( or any linux compatible scripts ) to copy the graphical contents of the webpage to a word pad. Say for example, i have a documentation site... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
10 Replies

4. Web Development

Call shell script from HTML page - without web server

Hi, I have html page in my unix machine(server), which I will open with firefox or mozilla available in unix machine. Firefox or mozilla will be opened using x windows. Since I have access to unix machien(like other users) and this HTML page is for user having access to Unix machine, I see no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamanu9
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to input a number in a web page and pass to a script?

I am working on an embedded linux router and trying to make a webpage where the user can input a desired number of CPE and have a script update that number on the router. I have a CLI where I can log in and type the following to change that number echo "20">/proc/net/dbrctl/maxcpe which then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobTheBulldog
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

Help running a unix script from a web page

First, let me state that I am completely out of my realm with this. I have a server running HPUX. I'm not even sure if this can be considered a UNIX question and for that let me apologize in advance. I need to create a web page where a client can input 2 variables (i.e. date and phone number).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinds
0 Replies

7. AIX

How to Use a UNIX Shell Script to Create an HTML Web Page?

dear friends , in my work i have to monitor some system performance in hourly basis by runing some commands , for example (lpstat) to know that all the queue is ready how can i create webpage and connect it with the server (AIX operating system) and make this page refreshed every 10 second and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rami abusweilei
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random web page download wget script

Hi, I've been attempting to create a script that downloads web pages at random intervals to mimic typical user usage. However I'm struggling to link $url to the URL list and thus wget complains of a missing URL. Any ideas? Thanks #!/bin/sh #URL List url1="http://www.bbc.co.uk"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch the user before executing a shell script from web page??

hi, i want to execute a shell script as a different user. the flow is like this. there is a html web page from which i have to call a shell script. web server is apache. to call the shell script from html page, a perl script is required. so the html page calls the perl script and the perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Refresh web page in bash script

hello, I am trying to refresh my web page which is created in bash script. I have a HTML page which when press a button calls a bash script. this bash script created the same page with dynamic data. When pressing the button I am calling to a function that set time out of 7 seconds and and after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SH78
1 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)