Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: upgrading to solaris 9
Operating Systems Solaris upgrading to solaris 9 Post 53618 by tgoodrich on Tuesday 20th of July 2004 08:50:49 PM
Old 07-20-2004
Java

Pressy is definitely leading you correct. From the CD you can install or upgrade to the SOL 9. Good luck! We're here to help.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading to Solaris 8 from 2.6

Hello, First of all I don't know much about the different between sun or Solaris :confused: This is my scenario We have 6 WS and server running DNS, Oracle DB and Apache server. I type uname -a -- the result is "SunOS omjs06 5.6 Generic_105181-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2" I guess... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
3 Replies

2. Solaris

impact of upgrading the SOLARIS OS from 5.6to 5.8

Please give me some idea about the impact of upgrading the SOLARIS OS from 5.6 to 5.8. We are using object store database of version 5.1. will there be any impact on this. Please help me in this regard. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Upgrading java on solaris 10 x86 32 bit

I have java installed on my solaris 10 as /usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0 , but i need to install Weblogic for that i need -- JDK Sun Java 2 JDK 6.0 Update 05 with the Java HotSpot™ Client and Server VMs (32-bit) and all later service packs of 6.0 How can i upgrade my java for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Upgrading Solaris - what happens to zpool/zfs versions

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've googled lots and don't think I can find an easy answer to this. We're in the process of upgrading Solaris from v10 5/08 to v10 9/10. The zpools for luns are currently at version 10, and I understand Solaris v10 9/10 has support for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Upgrading a Solaris host.

Am looking to go from Solarus Update 4 to Solaris Update 6. I've downloaded the U6 patch cluster and installed, but it seems to me this ins't a true upgrade. Am I wrong? Is there a better way to upgrade my system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Upgrading Solaris 11 11/11 to 11.3 - best practice

Got a mix of servers. Some 11 11/11, some 11.1, and some 11.2 None of these servers have direct access to the internet. However, we do have one server that has and, for which, work started to create a local respository. Unfortunately, that person left and theres no documentation. I can see the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)