Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers any such thing as JCL for Unix? Post 53595 by Cameron on Tuesday 20th of July 2004 07:50:41 AM
Old 07-20-2004
Look into using the Control-M agent on the unix boxes.

Whilst I'm still learning up in my new position using an IBM Mainframe S/390 running Control-M / D / JES2 / SDSF/ etc.; we also run a large number of UNIX systems for our large end financial & insurance application needs. To co-ordinate process flow between hosts, each UNIX system has a Control-M agent that can both capture and set conditions to/from the Mainframe/same UNIX host/other UNIX host/NT host. (Hope that made some sense).

There isn't Mainframe-JCL for the UNIX platform per-se.

HTH's

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumb thing to do

I'm writing for a friend. He has a SPARC system at home that has Solaris 7 on it. He did not yet create a user on it and has not set the CONSOLE to allow the root user to log in remotely. Now, something happened and the system will not even boot to the Boot PROM. How can he get into the system... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing JCL through UNIX

Hi, I am trying to execute a JCL in mainframe through solaris but it doent seem to work. I have used the following script on a suggestion #!/bin/ksh ftp -n << EOF open <servername> user <userid> <password> ascii site file=jes put <JCLfilename> quit EOF It requires the JCL file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: joneja
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot do this simple thing

I think its a bash thing and it is really annoying me.. its difficult to explain the problem but I will try.. When I type a command on the shell prompt... then lets say I go back to the 2nd letter and correct a typo.. after that I cannot get the cursor beyond the last alphabet that I had... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tantric
4 Replies

4. Solaris

passing an input parameter like date thru jcl using BPXBATCH utility

Hi.... i need to pass the dates (from - to) as the input parameters thru jcl invoking BPXBATCH utility. I know that PARM will do the above functionality. But how the above dates passed through jcl will be linked in the java-db2 program to be used in sql queries in order to generate the report... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujatha Gowda
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

need some help on this jolicloud thing??PLease help !!!!

i am not used to linux ubuntu... i get the same error code while booting from jolicloud.... can you help, please??????? i can't directly installed it because everytime i tried it, installation panel freezes, so i waited and it booted from live cd.... i tried to install jolicloud... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cemdede@hotmail
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can we execute Mainframe JCL thru UNIX

Hi, can we execute mainframe jcl in Unix system. I want to run jcl in unix instead of mainframe. Thanks in advance. Please post in an adequate forum! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev Das
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mainframe SAS JCL to Korn Shell script conversion

Hi All, Please help me to the conversion of Mainframe SAS JCL to korn Unix script. Please share the example from SAS JCL to Korn Unix Script. It be really helpful. Please share the online source also so I can look into it. Thanks, Abhishek (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Tyagi
5 Replies
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix(3)

NAME
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix - Determine the local system's time zone on Unix VERSION
version 1.51 SYNOPSIS
my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone->new( name => 'local' ); my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone::Local->TimeZone(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for determining the local time zone on a Unix platform. HOW THE TIME ZONE IS DETERMINED
This class tries the following methods of determining the local time zone: o $ENV{TZ} It checks $ENV{TZ} for a valid time zone name. o /etc/localtime If this file is a symlink to an Olson database time zone file (usually in /usr/share/zoneinfo) then it uses the target file's path name to determine the time zone name. For example, if the path is /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago, the time zone is "America/Chicago". Some systems just copy the relevant file to /etc/localtime instead of making a symlink. In this case, we look in /usr/share/zoneinfo for a file that has the same size and content as /etc/localtime to determine the local time zone. o /etc/timezone If this file exists, it is read and its contents are used as a time zone name. o /etc/TIMEZONE If this file exists, it is opened and we look for a line starting like "TZ = ...". If this is found, it should indicate a time zone name. o /etc/sysconfig/clock If this file exists, it is opened and we look for a line starting like "TIMEZONE = ..." or "ZONE = ...". If this is found, it should indicate a time zone name. o /etc/default/init If this file exists, it is opened and we look for a line starting like "TZ=...". If this is found, it should indicate a time zone name. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-17 DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix(3)