Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape Serial Number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tape Serial Number Post 53593 by jorge.ferreira on Tuesday 20th of July 2004 07:27:32 AM
Old 07-20-2004
UnixWare SCO 7

Ok.
My OS is the UnixWare SCO 7.
How to label the tapes then?

Thank you for your reply.

Jorge

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

serial number for E3500

just wanted to know the serial number of my machine E3500 with Solaris 8 installed.Does any one who what's the command that i can use when the OS is running?( not with the Banner Command!) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. AIX

how to find serial number

hi how to find ( server machine )serial number throught the command in AIX thanks for your replay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Server Serial Number from Solaris

This may be an off the wall question but is there anyway in Solaris to snag the serial number of a Sun box? I'm not sure if you can do this but it would save me a long drive to the data center to get the serial number to renew support... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Display Serial Number

Hello, I am running Solaris 9 and I need to display the serial number of my machine. How can I do this? Here is my machine info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Thank you, David (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Serial number

Hi Solarizer ;) I have face the difficulties of gathering information about the serial number of sun machine. i think its can do so easy while the machine is just one or two. But i have to administrate hundreds of sun machine. Any body knows how to gather this information by the command ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
4 Replies

6. Solaris

[help] how to get serial number of cpu or other hardware

hi experts, hi all, need help, how to get serial number of cpu or other hardware using command? does anybody know using what syntax? thank you wu (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
8 Replies

7. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Anyone know how to get Serial number with 1 command?

Solaris8 Anyone help? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
27 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about bind serial number

Hello folks. Please let me understand the bind serial number. I am confuse. 13011321 ---------- Post updated at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ---------- Thanks problem is solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-05-19 DH_COMPRESS(1)