Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers latest status of an field in a log file Post 53473 by RTM on Thursday 15th of July 2004 09:21:15 PM
Old 07-15-2004
grep idnum logfile|tail -1

like this...
logfile has
12345 status1.true
12345 status2.true
12345 status3.false
12345 status4.true
23452 status5.true
23452 status6.true
23452 status7.false
65243 status9.true

$ grep 23452 logfile |tail -1

will give you the last occurance of 23452 only - you could further do your testing of true or false by pulling the true or false with awk

$ grep 23452 logfile |tail -1|awk -F. '{print $2}'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

want to cat the latest log file created

everytime a new logfile get created at certain interval of time and i want a simple shell script program which cat the lastest log file when manually excuted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkandati
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare dates in a field and print the latest date row

Hi, I need a shell script which should find the latest date in the field of file and print that line only. For eg., I have a file /date.log Name Date Status IBM 06/06/07 close DELL 07/27/07 open DELL 06/07/07 open : : : From... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cvkishore
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search latest version of log file

Have checked the forums and couldnt locate help on this. I want to grep a log file for a pattern using a script - I need to grep the latest log file and not sure how I am able to ensure I am greping the latest log file. Here is sample of log files for yestersday and I effectively need to grep... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i pick the latest log file as per below

in the below .. i want to pick the latest logfile which is having JPS.PR inside.. that means i want particularly "spgport040408041223.log:@@@@@@@@ 04:13:09 Adding: JPS.PR." which is latest among these.. is it possible to compare the current time with logfile time ? reptm@xblr0758rop>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl's buffered I/O is causing me to miss latest log file entries in log colorizer. How to fix?

I've been finding myself using a log file colorizer written in perl to reformat and colorize the output from many different programs. Mainly, however, I use it to make the output from "tail -f" commands more readable. The base perl script I use is based on "colorlogs.pl" available from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcsteiner
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the Content of a LOG File which has latest Date and Time

Hi All, Need a small help. I have a log file which keeps updating for every Minute with multiple number of lines. I just want to grep few properties which has latest Date and Time to it. How do i do it? I wanted to grep a property by name "Reloading cache with a maximum of" from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvindraneel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing log file and print latest number in loop

Hello All, I have an awk script which parses my log file and prints number grepping from a specific line/pattern, now i have to come with a shell script to continue reading the log untill the job is completed, which i would know while reading session log untill process encounters a final... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting latest entry in the log file

Hi there I am trying to write a script where I will need to look for a specific word in the log file and I am aware this can be done by grep for example. As there will be multiple entries for this I want to grep the last one to enter the log... how would I go about this - would I have to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor and capture the latest entry from the log file

Hi, I want to monitor a log file using tail -f command and search for a specific string on the most recent entry from the file. If the search string matches with the most recent or last line from the file, I want send an email to the people with the message. tail -f service.log|tail -n 1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies
Jifty::Web::Session::None(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Jifty::Web::Session::None(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Web::Session::None - A null session handler for jifty DESCRIPTION
Jifty depends on its sessions to keep users logged in, to store continuations and to allow developers to store user-specific data. In general, you don't want to disable them. But sometimes, the development benefits of Jifty lead you to build applications that genuinely don't want per-user sessions. That's where "Jifty::Web::Session::None" comes in. By specifying that you want to use "Jifty::Web::Session::None" as your Jifty session handler, you tell Jifty to avoid ever reading, writing or storing a user session. No cookies get set. Nothing gets stored in the database. USAGE
In your "etc/config.yml": --- framework: Web: SessionClass:: Jifty::Web::Session::None METHODS
All methods in this class are dummy methods which do no work. This class mocks the API provided by "Jifty::Web::Session". new Takes no arguments. Returns a Jifty::Web::Session::None. id Returns false. create Returns true. load Returns true. unload Returns true. loaded Returns true. get Returns false. set Returns false. remove Returns true. set_continuation Returns false. get_continuation Returns false. remove_continuation Returns false. continuations Returns false. set_cookie Returns false. cookie_name Returns false. expires Returns false. perl v5.14.2 2010-09-25 Jifty::Web::Session::None(3pm)