Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: improving my script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting improving my script Post 53439 by bcheaib on Thursday 15th of July 2004 02:10:36 AM
Old 07-15-2004
sorry for miss-explanation

The output of scpshow is
usr_int[0] 0
usr_int[1] 9
usr_int[23] 1
usr_int[24] 3
i need to check the value of usr_int[23] if it is 2 or 3 i have to take stor the Sub. number.

I call scpshow in following way
>scpshow C300090B901900096393123345 <--"sub. numer"
and the output is the full profile of this specific sub (shown above) and i need to get all subs whose usr_int[23] =2 or 3.
the list of all sub. numbers is stored in the file "sublist". around 400,000 sub.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

improving my script (find & replace)

Hi all, I have a script that scan files, find old templet and replace it with new one. #!/bin/ksh file_name=$1 old_templet=$2 new_templet=$3 # Loop through every file like this for file in file_name do cat $file | sed "s/old_templet/new_templet/g" > $file.new #do a global searce and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir_yosha
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Improving Unix Skills

Kindly any advice to improve my unix skills as electronic books i can download or valuable sites as this one etc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improving this validate function

Hi guys, I use this function which was provided to me by someone at this site. It works perfectly for validating a users input option against allowed options.. example: validateInput "1" "1 3 4 5" would return 0 (success) function validateInput { input=$1 allowedInput=$2 for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyscho
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improving code by using associative arrays

I have the following code, and I am changing it to #!/bin/bash hasArgumentCModInfile=0 hasArgumentSrcsInfile=0 hasArgumentRcvsInfile=0 OLDIFS="$IFS" IFS="|=" # IFS controls splitting. Split on "|" and "=", not whitespace. set -- $* # Set the positional... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic help improving for in loop

I'm obviously very new to this. I'm trying to write a simple for loop that will read the directory names in /Users and then copy a file into the same subdir in each user directory. I have this, and it works but it isn't great. #!/bin/bash HOMEDIRS=/Users/* for dirs in $HOMEDIRS; do if ];... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heath_T
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with improving korn shell script

I am primarily a SQA/Tester and new to korn shell. How can I improve the following script? #/bin/ksh SourceLocation=~/Scripts/Test/Source TrackerLocation=~/Scripts/Test/Tracker TargetLocation=rdbusse@rdbmbp:/Users/rdbusse/Scripts/Test/Target for file in $(cd $SourceLocation; ls) do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayouprophet
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help improving my script.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this and provide input. To start, I am not a linux/unix expert but I muddle through the best I can. I am also in no way shape or form a programmer. Please keep that in mind as you read this script. This script is designed to find all files in a given... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garlandxj11
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improving code

Gents, I did the below code to get an output (report) ,.. the code works fine but I believe it can be more shorted using better method. Please if you can help, to generate same output improving the code , will be great. here my code. # get diff in time awk '{$9=$8-prev8;prev8=$8;print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies
INTL_IS_FAILURE(3)							 1							INTL_IS_FAILURE(3)

intl_is_failure - Check whether the given error code indicates failure

SYNOPSIS
bool intl_is_failure (int $error_code) DESCRIPTION
PARAMETERS
o $error_code - is a value that returned by functions: intl_get_error_code(3), collator_get_error_code(3) . RETURN VALUES
TRUE if it the code indicates some failure, and FALSE in case of success or a warning. EXAMPLES
Example #1 intl_is_failure(3) example <?php function check( $err_code ) { var_export( intl_is_failure( $err_code ) ); echo " "; } check( U_ZERO_ERROR ); check( U_USING_FALLBACK_WARNING ); check( U_ILLEGAL_ARGUMENT_ERROR ); ?> The above example will output something similar to: false false true SEE ALSO
intl_get_error_code(3), collator_get_error_code(3), Collator-getErrorCode(3). PHP Documentation Group INTL_IS_FAILURE(3)