Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to backup a Sun Ultra 60 workstation? Post 53418 by PSC on Wednesday 14th of July 2004 03:41:40 PM
Old 07-14-2004
Question How to backup a Sun Ultra 60 workstation?

Hi,

I'm currently an CS intern working at a small biotech company that has just opened a new office. We are working on a new project, but we were given an older Sun workstation with just a SCSI interface in the back. We don't have a systems administrator, so a couple of us have been working hard to figure out where to start.

From what I can tell, the workstation has two 70-gig hard drives. About 120-gigs of it is mounted, but only about 6 gigs of it are in use. This, of course, will increase in the future.

Right now, we are looking into purchasing a Sun 40/80 DDS-4 Unipack Tape Drive from Sun. This is going to set the company back about $1600. This seems a little ridiculous, considering the workstation is only worth a couple hundred bucks. We've found several less costly tape drives, but they probably don't offer the support that Sun will. Is it worth paying for the support, or is there a more viable solution?

(Just in advance, there will be more questions on the actual backup procedure once we decide on one. Smilie)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SUN IPC Workstation Q

I know that there are lots of UNIX pros here so I'm asking for some help. I have recently acquired 2 SUN IPC Workstations. The stations were destined for the garbage so I was unable to talk to the owners. Neither of them will make it through the boot process. One gives an error "le0: No... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaggy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MIB OID for my Sun workstation

hi, as far as i know, every sun solaris 8 workstation has a snmp agent running by default. i want to know my SNMP agent MIB oid. please tell me how to find out this information. thanks and urgent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to install usb stick on Ultra 5 workstation?

anyone have directions? running solaris 9 thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

sun ultra or sun sparkstation

am wonder wich sun computer is better, a sun ultra or sun sparkstation, and what is the difference (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
7 Replies

5. Solaris

sun ultra 10 workstation

Hi All, I bought a sun workstation from ebay. Can I replace the cd-rom drive with a dvd-rom drive with any type? I mean, can I just buy a dvd-rom drive from a pc store? Thanks, itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Sun W2100z workstation?

I am looking to buy W2100z workstation. I want to run solaris 10 on it. I realize it's a few years old, from 2004. Is it a good machine to get or should I look for a newer workstation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etc
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Workstation Hardware - Is it broken?

Hi everyone! I have an odd question - If a sun workstation (Blade 2000) boots up into a login prompt, is there any chance that it could have hardware issues? Or once it gets that far is it 100% working. I cant play with it before buying, so was interested to see if anyone could shed some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajdiamond
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Found a Sun Ultra 10 Elite3D workstation, and it boots to a login screen. How can I reset the OS?

I just got moved to a new office building, and as I was unpacking my stuff I saw an odd tower PC in the nearby recycling heap. It turned out to be a Sun Ultra 10 Elite3D workstation, complete with keyboard, mouse, and monster-sized CRT with the wacky Sun video cable. I just set everything up and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wowbobwow
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Need Sun Ultra 20 M2 Workstation Tools and Drivers CD 1.9

content deleted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmb
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Need Sun Ultra 20 M2 Workstation Tools and Drivers CD 1.9 - another attempt

Hi! I have asked here if someone has a copy of the BIOS and driver CD for a Sun Ultra 20 M2. Unfortunately DukeNuke2 has jumped in and quickly locked the thread without engaging his brain first. (hint: this CD has been offered free for download by Sun long *before* Oracle bought them, so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmb
0 Replies
BLAZE-REMOVE(1) 					    BlazeBlogger Documentation						   BLAZE-REMOVE(1)

NAME
blaze-remove - removes a post or page from the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-remove [-fipqPV] [-b directory] id... blaze-remove -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-remove removes a blog post or a page with the specified id from the BlazeBlogger repository. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-remove to remove a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-remove to remove a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Disables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. This is the default option. -i, --interactive Enables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. EXAMPLE USAGE
Remove a blog post: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 Successfully removed the post with ID 10. Remove a page: ~]$ blaze-remove -p 4 Successfully removed the page with ID 4. Remove multiple blog posts: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 4 6 Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. Remove multiple blog posts safely: ~]$ blaze-remove -i 10 4 6 Remove the post with ID 10 titled `Debian and Fedora Packages'? y Remove the post with ID 4 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.0 RC2'? y Remove the post with ID 6 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.1'? y Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-REMOVE(1)