Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: improving my script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting improving my script Post 53398 by Perderabo on Wednesday 14th of July 2004 12:03:02 PM
Old 07-14-2004
You need to make that first line:
#! /usr/bin/ksh

If the output of "scpshow ul50 $sub" is:
C300090B901900096393111222

then I'm confused how the pipeline works. That grep is not going to match anything. And there is no 2nd field for awk to print.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

improving my script (find & replace)

Hi all, I have a script that scan files, find old templet and replace it with new one. #!/bin/ksh file_name=$1 old_templet=$2 new_templet=$3 # Loop through every file like this for file in file_name do cat $file | sed "s/old_templet/new_templet/g" > $file.new #do a global searce and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir_yosha
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Improving Unix Skills

Kindly any advice to improve my unix skills as electronic books i can download or valuable sites as this one etc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improving this validate function

Hi guys, I use this function which was provided to me by someone at this site. It works perfectly for validating a users input option against allowed options.. example: validateInput "1" "1 3 4 5" would return 0 (success) function validateInput { input=$1 allowedInput=$2 for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyscho
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improving code by using associative arrays

I have the following code, and I am changing it to #!/bin/bash hasArgumentCModInfile=0 hasArgumentSrcsInfile=0 hasArgumentRcvsInfile=0 OLDIFS="$IFS" IFS="|=" # IFS controls splitting. Split on "|" and "=", not whitespace. set -- $* # Set the positional... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic help improving for in loop

I'm obviously very new to this. I'm trying to write a simple for loop that will read the directory names in /Users and then copy a file into the same subdir in each user directory. I have this, and it works but it isn't great. #!/bin/bash HOMEDIRS=/Users/* for dirs in $HOMEDIRS; do if ];... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heath_T
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with improving korn shell script

I am primarily a SQA/Tester and new to korn shell. How can I improve the following script? #/bin/ksh SourceLocation=~/Scripts/Test/Source TrackerLocation=~/Scripts/Test/Tracker TargetLocation=rdbusse@rdbmbp:/Users/rdbusse/Scripts/Test/Target for file in $(cd $SourceLocation; ls) do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayouprophet
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help improving my script.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this and provide input. To start, I am not a linux/unix expert but I muddle through the best I can. I am also in no way shape or form a programmer. Please keep that in mind as you read this script. This script is designed to find all files in a given... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garlandxj11
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improving code

Gents, I did the below code to get an output (report) ,.. the code works fine but I believe it can be more shorted using better method. Please if you can help, to generate same output improving the code , will be great. here my code. # get diff in time awk '{$9=$8-prev8;prev8=$8;print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies
rpc.smserverd(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 rpc.smserverd(1M)

NAME
rpc.smserverd - removable media device server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/smedia/rpc.smserverd DESCRIPTION
rpc.smserverd is a server that handles requests from client applications, including the Volume Management daemon (vold(1M)), for access to removable media devices. In addition to vold, rmformat(1) and the CDE Filemanager (when performing removable media operations) are rpc.smserverd clients. The rpc.smserverd daemon is started by inetd(1M) when a client makes a call to a Solaris-internal library to access a SCSI, IDE, or USB device. The daemon is not started if a client attempts to access a floppy or PCMCIA device. Once started, the daemon remains active until such time as it is idle for three minutes or more. The rpc.smserverd daemon is provided for the exclusive use of the client applications mentioned above. It has no external, customer-acces- sible interfaces, including no configuration file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), vold(1M), vold.conf(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The rpc.smserverd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/rpc/smserver Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 31 Jul 2004 rpc.smserverd(1M)