Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: user diag ??
Operating Systems HP-UX user diag ?? Post 53371 by breigner on Tuesday 13th of July 2004 05:20:41 PM
Old 07-13-2004
user diag ??

if user diag is removed with a -r will it delete usr/mds ? and if so will this prevent a system from booting?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Brian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sun Hardware Diag Tools

Problem: Several possible cooked Sun U10's. Need: Sun Hardware Diag Tools. I want to pound on these boxes and see whats what. I am wondering where I could find some Diag tools that will help me diag problems. Freeware is preferred. (The magic budget of $0) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edkung
7 Replies

2. AIX

Error Message during Diag

I received an error during a reboot, I ran the in shell Diag's and got this message. service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause or Cause(s): 21F00002: Refer to the Error Code to FRU Index in the system service guide. 100% P2-Z1-A4.0 The problem is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
1 Replies

3. AIX

What's meaning of "POWER" in diag command.?

I ran 'diag' command to verify disk follow the below steps. DIAG------?task selection-------ssa service aid-----Link verification I found that there are 3 types of status. (Good, Failed and Power). scp2: pdisk23 D69E584F 0 16 Power scp2: pdisk19 D657E7A9 1 15 Power scp2: pdisk28... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pattarapongn
1 Replies

4. AIX

diag report

Hello Everybody, we have a System Model: IBM,7017-S7A running AIX 4.3 Processor Type: PowerPC_RS64-II Number Of Processors: 4 I found while running "diag" the following errors. The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause(s) (causes are listed in descending order of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to determine if there is a Power Problem using DIAG command?

Hi guys can someone show me on how to use DIAG command in determining if there is really a power problem aside from errpt report? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sky_lark02
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update LDIF User info based on Test User Certs ID's

Hi I need help.......... I have an Sun One Directory server LDIF file with 5000 user entries, I need to change the data to match Test ID's, so I can run a perf test. I'm way out of my league as I have not done any scripting for 10 years. There are four entries for each user in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macdaddy99
3 Replies

10. AIX

Change Log Repair Action without using diag?

Hi Gurus, I want to change Log Repair Action remotely, or in a script. In these cases, the dial menu can not be used. Is there any command to do the job? Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies
delete(n)							    [incr Tcl]								 delete(n)

NAME
delete - delete things in the interpreter SYNOPSIS
delete option ?arg arg ...? DESCRIPTION
The delete command is used to delete things in the interpreter. It is implemented as an ensemble, so extensions can add their own options and extend the behavior of this command. By default, the delete command handles the destruction of namespaces. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: delete class name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] classes called name. This deletes all objects in the class, and all derived classes as well. If an error is encountered while destructing an object, it will prevent the destruction of the class and any remaining objects. To destroy the entire class without regard for errors, use the "delete namespace" command. delete object name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] objects called name. An object is deleted by invoking all destructors in its class hierarchy, in order from most- to least-specific. If all destructors are successful, data associated with the object is deleted and the name is removed as a command from the interpreter. If the access command for an object resides in another namespace, then its qualified name can be used: delete object foo::bar::x If an error is encountered while destructing an object, the delete command is aborted and the object remains alive. To destroy an object without regard for errors, use the "rename" command to destroy the object access command. delete namespace name ?name...? Deletes one or more namespaces called name. This deletes all commands and variables in the namespace, and deletes all child names- paces as well. When a namespace is deleted, it is automatically removed from the import lists of all other namespaces. KEYWORDS
namespace, proc, variable, ensemble itcl 3.0 delete(n)