Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: frecover
Operating Systems HP-UX frecover Post 53347 by Perderabo on Tuesday 13th of July 2004 11:00:09 AM
Old 07-13-2004
When a restore fails because frecover encountered a problem, it offer you a chance to write recovery information into a file. If you did that, you should be able use the -R option to restart the recover. If not, you will need to start over as far as I know.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

frecover

Started an frecover from Sam, with a recovery scope and a different destination. Here is what is happening. Starting file recovery... frecover(5423): incorrect volume mounted; frecover(5424): expected volume 1, and got 2 frecover(5433): Do you wish to continue using this volume? (^/^) y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: molonede
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

frecover on HP 11.11

Hi, Can someone please explain how I can check whether my files were backed-up to tape. I issued this command and got an error:- # frecover -I /tmp/mth -f /dev/rmt/5m frecover(2105): did not find expected file marker frecover(5409): unable to read volume header frecover(5418): not an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP fbackup/frecover to SUN UNIX format?

Hi All, We have about 7 years worth of data which used the HP fbackup utility. Is there any utility to read these tapes on Solaris? The goal is to create new tapes using Legato. Do we need to download them to a box first using frecover, then copy them from SUN using Legato? Any help in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinakumar
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

frecover command need help urgent please

Hi, I have a tape fbackup done (fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I index.fullfbackup) and I need to restore 3 filesystems, I would like to know the correct command and options: example: I want to restore the filesystem /data1 under /data1 and /data2 under another filesystem /datatest I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

frecover problem

I had to do a recovery and restore from backup (using ignite & backups from fbackup job) on hpux 10.20. Problem is, all users (except root) receive error 'unknown user' when logging in (during script that checks quotas). They can still successfully log in to the system. However, the files... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrviking
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

frecover counterpart on linux

Hello All, The frecover command on HP UX gives information about the backed up file in the format- Magic Field: Machine Identification: System Identification:HP-UX Release Identification:B.11.11 Node Identification: User Identification: Record Size: Time: Media Use:0 Volume Number:1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamik
1 Replies
db_recover(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     db_recover(8)

NAME
db_recover - Restores the database to a consistent state (Enhanced Security) SYNOPSIS
/usr/tcb/bin/db_recover [-cv] [-h home] FLAGS
Failure was catastrophic. Specify a home directory for the database. The correct directory for enhanced security is /var/tcb/files. Write out the pathnames of all of the database log files, whether or not they are involved in active transactions. Run in verbose mode. DESCRIPTION
A customized version of the Berkeley Database (Berkeley DB) is embedded in the operating system to provide high-performance database sup- port for critical security files. The DB includes full transactional support and database recovery, using write-ahead logging and check- pointing to record changes. The db_recover utility runs after an unexpected system failure to restore the security database to a consistent state. All committed transactions are guaranteed to appear after db_recover has run, and all uncommitted transactions are completely undone. DB recovery is normally performed automatically for the security files as part of system startup. In the case of catastrophic failure, an archival copy, or snapshot of all database files must be restored along with all of the log files written since the database file snapshot was made. (If disk space is a problem, log files may be referenced by symbolic links). If the failure was not catastrophic, the files present on the system at the time of failure are sufficient to perform recovery. If log files are missing, db_recover identifies the missing log files and fails, in which case the missing log files need to be restored and recovery performed again. The db_recover utility attaches to one or more of the Berkeley DB shared memory regions. In order to avoid region corruption, it should always be given the chance to detach and exit gracefully. To cause db_recover to clean up after itself and exit, send it an interrupt sig- nal (SIGINT). RETURN VALUES
The db_recover utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
If the -h option is not specified and the environment variable DB_HOME is set, it is used as the path of the database home. The home directory for security is /var/tcb/files. FILES
/var/tcb/files/auth.db /var/tcb/files/dblogs/* RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: db_archive(8), db_checkpoint(8), db_printlog(8), db_dump(8), db_load(8), db_stat(8), secconfig(8) delim off db_recover(8)