Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet deny
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Telnet deny Post 53317 by sunbird on Monday 12th of July 2004 04:49:27 PM
Old 07-12-2004
I solved it

It was a setUID for the /usr/bin/telnet file.
I solved it earlier. There was one lousy google case hidden...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deny ssh from root - how to?

using redhat 7.2 Is it possible to not allow root to ssh into the server remotely, but allow the account that ssh'd in to the box to su to root? This way there is the added security of a hacker needing two passwords to hack your computer, a username/password for a regular account and also the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp allow/deny list

OK, let see, i have a Tru64 Unix and need to know how the list of ftp users works and in /etc/ftpusers we have the unauthorized users but when we create a new user i want this users put automatic for deny access ..... where i set when creation of users action put automatic the user in that file?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbendek
1 Replies

3. AIX

Deny root rlogin

Hi, I have to forbid root-logins on all my servers, expect from two machines, these 2 machines login with root without a password it was quite easy with ssh, but I have a problem regarding rsh/rlogin, an there are a lot of rsh jobs, so it would take a lot of time to change all this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

how to deny someone to use ftp command ?

hi,all, i have a question to trouble you. a workstation named AAA, and open the ftp services to permit user download and upload files. i have root password. a pc install windows 2k named BBB, someone install a serv-u ftp ( a ftp server software ) to transfer data. i don't have the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarx
4 Replies

5. Solaris

how to deny ftp access

Hi , I want to deny ftp access to some user. Currently I don't have /etc/ftpusers file. From the man page , i can modify the login shell at /etc/passwd to invalid one. How to add it ? replaced with /dev/null or something. If you have any other method to disabled it . Pls show me. My FTP is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

7. AIX

allow / deny root logins

Hello everyone I have to limit the root logins on my aix box (aix 5.3) I change the value on the /etc/security/user default (login and rlogin) change to false and add to root (rlogin and login = false) I tried in different ways but I got the same. Root still can login I try algo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.deny entry

Hello I want to block individuals who attempt to use ssh to loggon to one of my machines from a certain IP address. I added the following entry in hosts.deny. Will the entry do what I want to do? ssh: 202.111.128.225 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

9. AIX

Deny rsh,tn,or rlogin

Is there a way to deny access to a specific remote login option. example: usera--deny telnet access but keep rsh and rlogin userb--keeps telnet, rsh, and rlogin I'm basically trying to contol the access per services instead of changing the LOGIN REMOTELY(rsh,tn,rlogin) option to yes or no. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/hosts.deny

Hi there, For /etc/hosts.deny was it used to deny access from the internet? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)					     systemd-machine-id-setup					     SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-setup - Initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-setup DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-setup may be used by system installer tools to initialize the machine ID stored in /etc/machine-id at install time with a randomly generated ID. See machine-id(5) for more information about this file. This tool will execute no operation if /etc/machine-id is already initialized. If a valid D-Bus machine ID is already configured for the system the D-Bus machine ID is copied and used to initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id. If run inside a KVM virtual machine and a UUID is passed via the -uuid option this UUID is used to initialize the machine ID instead of a randomly generated one. The caller must ensure that the UUID passed is sufficiently unique and is different for every booted instanced of the VM. Similar, if run inside a Linux container environment and a UUID is set for the container this is used to initialize the machine ID. For details see the documentation of the Container Interface[1]. OPTIONS
This tool does not take any options or arguments. EXIT STATUS
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), machine-id(5), dbus-uuidgen(1) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer NOTES
1. Container Interface http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface systemd 10/07/2013 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)