Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux test command
Operating Systems Linux Linux test command Post 53239 by pvar on Thursday 8th of July 2004 01:54:44 PM
Old 07-08-2004
Linux test command

Hi,

I was trying to test the presence of some files on Red hat Linux enterprise version 2.4.9 using the following command

test -f /home/pv/T20*

I am getting the error, too many parameters, when I have multiple files starting with T20 on that directory. When there is no files or just one file, no errors and the command works.

Any idea whay I can't check the presence of multiple files? Or is there any other command I can use for this purpose.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

A wireless test tool for linux?

hi all: I want to find a wireless test tool for linux , just linke netstumbler on windows . i find the tool for long time , but i cann't find one. does somebody give a advice. thanks!!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture the data in Linux .While doing load test.

Hi All, I am trying to capture the data in linux .While doing load test. is there's any sample script please help me. Linux test4 2.6.18-308.8.1.el5 #1 SMP Fri May 4 16:43:02 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam1226
5 Replies
MONGOFILES(1)							  Mongo Database						     MONGOFILES(1)

NAME
mongofiles - a simple GridFS interface SYNOPSIS
mongofiles [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
mongofiles is used to list, get, and insert files in the database. EXAMPLES
mongofiles list lists files in test.fs.files mongofiles put README.txt inserts the file README.txt into the collection test.fs.files mongofiles get photo.jpg retrieves photo.jpg from test.fs.files and saves it locally OPTIONS
--help show usage information -h, --host HOST mongo host to which to connect -d, --db DB database to use (default DB=test) -c, --collection COLLECTION (default COLLECTION=fs.files) collection to use --command [list|search|put|get] execute a command --file FILE filename for get or put list list all files. takes an optional filename. the file has to start with the filename search search all files for something that contains the string COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGOFILES(1)