Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remsh ? rlogin? rhost? r?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers remsh ? rlogin? rhost? r? Post 5323 by inquirer on Friday 10th of August 2001 12:42:24 PM
Old 08-10-2001
details please...

i tried to read man page of rhosts but still unable to understand that thingy... i've never tried this before so could you please help me on this? can you give me some example where in i can do exactly what i meant in my first question? please? i need this very much in order to perform many stuffs in the office. appreciate your assistance Smilie
inquirer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remsh

i m try to do remsh i need to know what are the step to define the user and password i try .rhosts it give me operator:/export/home/operator>remsh billmed ps -ef permission denied just for testing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazanoova2
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rhost problems

dear unix gurus, trying to search for this thread in the forum but can't seem to find any of them. just would like to post 2 questions: 1) if there are spaces in the .rhosts file will it cause problems for users who try to run the program/ script? :confused: 2) does the .rhosts file be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
10 Replies

3. Solaris

remsh working one way

host Solaris 5.9 E250 host-name: sunsrv1 remote Solaris 5.8 Netra 250 host_name: sspfs_svr i am able to remsh (or rsh)from remote to host like ; $ remsh sunsrv1 uname -n sunsrv1 but opposite way not possible; # remsh sspfs_svr ls sspfs_svr: Connection refused OR # rsh -l username... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use remsh to duplicate all...

hi , Any idea how to use remsh to duplicate whatsoever ( / ) from host1 to host2 across network with root? Regards, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
0 Replies

5. Solaris

define .rhost file for tape backup to remote host

howdy experts, i am using 2 server- Solaris 5.9 i have tape device attached with 1 of my solaris server. But others not. # modinfo|grep tape 152 13d43e4 1333c 33 1 st (SCSI tape Driver 1.231) now i want to Backup DATA file and System File in Tape Drive. How do I take data and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remsh variables

Hi, I have script. #!/bin/sh -x CD=masterservice remsh 132.196.133.185 -l root './export $CD > test.output' rcp root@132.196.133.185:test.output But I receive the following error. + remsh 132.196.133.185 -l root ./export $CD > test.output To make it work, I remove the ' signs.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_andrew
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remsh options

Hi All, I want to know all the options that are used for command remsh. And also the prerequisites like entries in .rhosts file. Can anybody share the link or document? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AB10
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remsh

Hi All, Im using remsh to execute shell script on remote server. And this script gets called from another AIX server. My code is: remsh $rHost -l $rUser -n "export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java6_64_SR7; export ORACLE_HOME=/oravl01/oracle/11.1.0.7; export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AB10
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remsh command

Hi Can any 1 tell me how to use REMSH command with example actually i wanted to run the following command on different severs thru script "df -k .| tail -1 | tr -s ' ' ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f5" :) please reply ASAP.:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy_07
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remsh

Hello All, I am on HP-UX. Problem is that my remote script behaves different depending on execution method. Method1 (Remote execution): remsh remoteserver /home/myscript.sh Method2 (Local execution): remoteserver :/home#sh myscript.sh In method 2, I can succesfully set timestamp with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrcrowley
6 Replies
CHFN(1) 							   User Commands							   CHFN(1)

NAME
chfn - change your finger information SYNOPSIS
chfn [-f full-name] [-o office] ,RB [ -p office-phone] [-h home-phone] -u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chfn is used to change your finger information. This information is stored in the /etc/passwd file, and is displayed by the finger pro- gram. The Linux finger command will display four pieces of information that can be changed by chfn: your real name, your work room and phone, and your home phone. chfn is used to change local entries only. Use ypchfn, lchfn or any other implementation for non-local entries. COMMAND LINE Any of the four pieces of information can be specified on the command line. If no information is given on the command line, chfn enters interactive mode. INTERACTIVE MODE In interactive mode, chfn will prompt for each field. At a prompt, you can enter the new information, or just press return to leave the field unchanged. Enter the keyword "none" to make the field blank. OPTIONS
-f, --full-name full-name Specify your real name. -o, --office office Specify your office room number. -p, --office-phone office-phone Specify your office phone number. -h, --home-phone home-phone Specify your home phone number. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
finger(1), passwd(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chfn command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHFN(1)