Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: memory errors
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers memory errors Post 53200 by finster on Thursday 8th of July 2004 12:54:58 AM
Old 07-08-2004
memory errors

Solaris 8 4 GB RAM 420R

Jan 11 12:33:32 serverXYZ SUNW,UltraSPARC-II: [ID 210962 kern.info] [AFT0] errID 0x0009882c.47bb8aca Corrected Memory Error on U1301 is Persistent

Jul 1 01:22:28 serverXYZ SUNW,UltraSPARC-II: [ID 274110 kern.info] [AFT0] errID 0x001b3157.ac53990e Corrected Memory Error on U1301 is Intermittent

Received memory error in jan and now in july. It reports that it had corrected the error(first persistent , now intermittent).

What should be done in this case - should the memory in this bank be replaced, is it fine or wait untill it happens more frequently before replacing?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

2. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Memory Errors - Where to go Next

Hi there, I came in this morning to the following errror Sep 23 00:04:53 my.machine.com unix: WARNING: Sticky Softerror encountered on Memory Module J0202 Does anybody the next step i should go to to investigate this issue? any help on this would be greatly appreciated cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

5. HP-UX

How can I get memory usage or anything that show memory used from sar file?

Refer from title: How can i get memory used or anything that can show memory from sar file example on solaris:- we can use sar with option to show memory used at time that sar crontab run. on HP-UX, it not has option to see memory used. But i think it may be have some parameter or some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panithat
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

7. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

8. Programming

How to deal with lots of data in memory in order not to run out of memory

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to manage memory when I have to deal with lots of data. Basically I'm indexing a huge file (5GB, but it can be bigger), by creating tables that holds offset <-> startOfSomeData information. Currently I'm mapping the whole file at once (yep!) but of course the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emitrax
1 Replies

9. Solaris

restrcit physical memory with zone.max-locked-memory

Is it possible to restrict physical memory in solaris zone with zone.max-locked-memory just like we can do with rcapd ? I do not want to used rcapd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

10. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies
scds_hasp_check(3HA)					 Sun Cluster HA and Data Services				      scds_hasp_check(3HA)

NAME
scds_hasp_check - get status information about SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources that are used by a resource SYNOPSIS
cc [flags...] -I /usr/cluster/include file -L /usr/cluster/lib -l dsdev #include <rgm/libdsdev.h> scha_err_t scds_hasp_check(scds_handle_t handle, scds_hasp_status_t *hasp_status DESCRIPTION
The scds_hasp_check() function retrieves status information about SUNW.HAStoragePlus(5) resources that are used by a resource. This infor- mation is obtained from the state, online or otherwise, of all SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources on which the resource depends. This state is obtained by using the Resource_dependencies or Resource_dependencies_weak system properties that are defined for the resource. Resource type implementations can use scds_hasp_check() in VALIDATE and MONITOR_CHECK method callback implementations to determine whether checks that are specific to any file systems that are managed by SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources should be carried out. When the function succeeds, a status code is stored in hasp_status. This code can be one of the following values: SCDS_HASP_NO_RESOURCE Indicates that the resource does not depend on a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource. SCDS_HASP_ERR_CONFIG Indicates that at least one of the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources on which the resource depends is located in a different resource group. SCDS_HASP_NOT_ONLINE Indicates that a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource on which the resource depends is not online on any potential primary node or zone. SCDS_HASP_ONLINE_NOT_LOCAL Indicates that at least one SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource on which the resource depends is online, but on another node or zone from which this function is called. SCDS_HASP_ONLINE_LOCAL Indicates that all SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources on which the resource depends are online on the node or zone from which this function is called. Note - The preceding status codes have precedence over each other in the order in which they appear. For example, if a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource is not online and another SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource is online on a different node or zone, the status code is set to SCDS_HASP_NOT_ONLINE rather than SCDS_HASP_ONLINE_NOT_LOCAL. The scds_hasp_check() function ignores all SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources for which the FilesystemMountPoints or Zpools property is set to an empty list, the default. PARAMETERS
The following parameters are supported: handle Handle that is returned from scds_initialize(3HA). hasp_status Status of SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources that are used by the resource. RETURN VALUES
SCHA_ERR_NOERR The function succeeded. This value also indicates that the status code that is stored in hasp_status is valid. SCHA_ERR_INTERNAL The function failed. The value that is stored in hasp_status is undefined. Ignore this undefined value. See the scha_calls(3HA) man page for a description of other error codes. FILES
/usr/cluster/include/rgm/libdsdev.h Include file /usr/cluster/lib/libdsdev.so Library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
scds_initialize(3HA), scha_calls(3HA), attributes(5), SUNW.HAStoragePlus(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 7 Sep 2007 scds_hasp_check(3HA)