Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: In Search of a Command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers In Search of a Command Post 5320 by ober5861 on Friday 10th of August 2001 12:15:25 PM
Old 08-10-2001
I don't know what you're system you're using, but I'm on Mandrake, and the 'x' switch is invalid for uname. You might try uname -a but I doubt that will give you all the info you are looking for. I would try in your /proc directory. That holds all system info at least on this system. I don't know where that info is kept on other setups... I know HP-UX doesn't have the proc directory...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and remove command

I want to run the 'locate' command and then remove what the command finds. My guess was, locate blahblah |rm -f but this does not work. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search command on vi editor

Hi all, Here is an example, I would wan to search for all string consists of IMP but not IMP-00015. Values other than 00015 is fine, is there anyone knows how to do that? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

3. Solaris

passwd command search

Hi. When i execute which passwdit is showing /usr/bin/passwd, eventhough i set my path as PATH=/etc:$PATH i just checked the permission for the passwd under /usr/bin -r-sr-sr-x what exactly happening? and what is that s signifies Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to search for a file

Hi, I am new to unix.Can you please tell me whether there is any command to search for a file in all the directories... and also i want to search for an expression in all the directories. Thanks in advance. Regards, Harika Mamidala (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikamamidala
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search in command history

Hi Guys, This one is, seemingly, a very simple question. I am on HPUX1572. The shell used is ksh. I used to locate a command using esc-K '/' followed by a few letters of the command. I tried to search my command history using ESC-K, it works fine. But the old trick of esp+K '/' doesnt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n_rajitr
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to search in file

Hi I want to search in file such that suppose file A which has keyword # Query_time: 12.080983 Query_time: 5.233292 Query_time: 5.298892 Any command to search top 10 Query_time (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and replace command

Hi, I wanted to replace the character '~' with \n (carraige retrurn or new line character) I am tried the commands like s/~/\n/g s/~//\n/g but the commands says that no "No match exists for the substitute pattern". (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis_yy
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

vim command for a search

how can i search each line for ROCT and ROCT1.ROCT1 will be always 1 line after ROCT. Both the patterns will be found at the end of the line (in alternate lines) <pattern file> (rising edge-triggered flip-flop clocked by ROCT) Endpoint:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search in one command

I have a multiple csv files which have different network time. The files are in sequance, The Files Look like.. csv 1 network time 1348177401922972 1348177401949917 1348177401959150 1348177401964104 1348177401964258 1348177401964289 1348177401969053 1348177401970286 1348177401971174... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_arxmind
1 Replies
App::Rad::Plugin(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     App::Rad::Plugin(3pm)

NAME
App::Rad::Plugin - Extend the App::Rad framework! SYNOPSIS
This document is intended to help developers write their own App::Rad plugins. For specific usage on any given plugin, please refer to it's actual documentation. WARNING! Since the plugin API is very new, there might be some changes in the future. Please drop me an email or RT wishlist if you feel something can be done to make plugin creation even better. Thanks! PLUGIN CREATION BASICS
Creating App::Rad plugins is very easy. package App::Rad::Plugin::MyPlugin; and create your subs as if they were methods of the App::Rad's $c variable. sub newmethod { my $c = shift; # ... } If a user invokes your plugin, she can use your new methods at any point in their program: use App::Rad qw(MyPlugin); App::Rad->run(); sub default { my $c = shift; $c->newmethod(); # this works! } you can also extend App::Rad's functionality by overriding methods, such as "getopt" or "config". CREATING INTERNAL (HELPER) SUBS App::Rad will only import methods not starting with an underscore: package App::Rad::Plugin::YetAnother; sub something { my $c = shift; _internal( $c->stash->{somevalue} ); } sub _internal { my $value = shift; #... } So you can safely create several internal subs for your plugin. use App::Rad qw(YetAnother); sub default { my $c = shift; $c->something() # this works! $c->_internal() # this won't... } RESERVED SUB NAMES
Currently there are no reserved names for your plugin subs. However, they might be added in the future to be called on some predefined times in the App::Rad command workflow. Let me know if you feel this would improve your plugin's usability. Thanks! SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc App::Rad::Plugin AUTHOR
Breno G. de Oliveira, "<garu at cpan.org>" ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Lots of thanks to Fernando Correa (FCO) for his help with this module. LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009 Breno G. de Oliveira "<garu at cpan.org>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENCE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.10.1 2009-04-13 App::Rad::Plugin(3pm)