Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Fails
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users System Fails Post 53166 by s93366 on Wednesday 7th of July 2004 08:17:06 AM
Old 07-07-2004
I have seen this a lot on solaris servers using X (like Sun ray severs etc) and i think its nothing to worry about. I have never had any problems with servers showing this error message.
/Peter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

stat() fails!!! what can i do?

Hi all, I can not understand why my stat() function fails all the time when function tries to go recursevly. Someone suggested that it might be poiter problem. Please, look up my code at: www.donnelly.cc.ks.us/readdir_test.c. How can i solve this problem? Any suggestion are welcome! Thank you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
3 Replies

2. AIX

mkvg fails

# mkvg -y temp_vg hdisk5 0516-1254 mkvg: Changing the PVID in the ODM. 0516-1207 mkvg: An invalid physical volume ID been detected on hdisk5. 0516-862 mkvg: Unable to create volume group. ??? What do I do? AIX 4.3.3 I have seen something like this before but I don't remember the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osee
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to know why Perl fails.

Hello . Would really like to know why this code fails . I need to edit both the QUESNO : and <\p> tag at the same time . open(TEXT, "<20030211.txt") || die ("Cannot open the text files"); while (<TEXT>) { if ($_ =~ m/QUESNO :/) { if ($_ =~ m/<\/p>/) { print ($_); ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatsup
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make fails...

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

5. Programming

system() fails

Hi, I have the following code which fails with return value 1. sprintf(tmp, "rm -rf %s/* 2>/dev/null\n", dest); rc = system( tmp ); rc is 1 The files exist and the paths are correct. I can do a manual copy but the application fails. All the calls to system() function fail with the same... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mspaper
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

why script fails sometime?

Hi, I am trying to run a shell script on solaris,some time it works fine and some times it fails unexpectedly. There is a script called "autostart.sh" which automatically starts the Application server but some times the script fails to strat the application server. can anyone tell me what... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
10 Replies

7. Solaris

smf fails to mount svc:/system/filesystem/usr:default

http://i44.tinypic.com/2cmq7vn.jpg Please help me on this issue i'm using solaris on vmware x86 even i runed fsck on root disk like 'fsck -Y /dev/rdsk/c0d0s0 ' but again after reboot it is going to maintanance mode reply soon (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: knl.sundeep
6 Replies

8. Programming

realloc() fails

Not sure in which forum to post this. I'm trying here, in Programming. I'm working on a PC with Intel Duo processor & 2GB of ram. OS is Ubuntu 10.04. I'm having problems with a C++ program that makes extensive use of realloc(). It happens that as soon as the overall memory allocated(OS +... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mamboknave
14 Replies

9. HP-UX

shl_load fails

Hi, I have written a simple program of 2 lines in C to load a library using SHL_LOAD. It fails with error "/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'xyz.sl'. Load failure for library , ERRNO = 2" Shlib_PATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH,PATH,LD_PRELOAD are set correctly and library exists on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwinichavan
0 Replies

10. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
TSMOKE(1)							     SmokePing								 TSMOKE(1)

NAME
tSmoke - Commandline tool for sending SmokePing information SYNOPSIS
tSmoke [ --testmail | --morning | --weekly | --version | --help | --man] Options: --man Show the manpage --help Help :-) --version Show SmokePing Version --testmail Send a test message --listrrds List the RRDs used by this Smokeping --morning Send a morning synopsis --weekly Send a weekly status report --to E-mail address to send message (i.e. '--to=xyz@company.com.invalid' --detail How much detail to send in weekly report (i.e. '--detail=1') --quiet Do not print welcome DESCRIPTION
The tSmoke tool is a commandline tool which interfaces with the SmokePing system. Its main function is to send a message indicating the current status of the systems being monitored by Smokeping or an HTML mail file containing the status over the past day, past week and past month including an overview. Typical crontab used to invoke this are # Quick morning alert to see what's down 0 6 * * * /usr/local/smokeping/bin/tSmoke.pl --q --to=mobilephone@att.net.invalid --morning # Weekly report on the percent availability of network systems with no detail 0 8 * * * /usr/local/smokeping/bin/tSmoke.pl --q --to=mailbox@company.com.invalid --weekly --detail=0 SETUP
When installing tSmoke, some variables must be adjusted to fit your local system. We need to use the following libraries: Smokeping RRDTool Perl bindings Getopt::Long Set up your libraries: use lib "/usr/local/smokeping/lib"; use lib "/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.39/lib/perl"; Point to your Smokeping config file my $cfgfile = "/usr/local/smokeping/etc/config"; Modify the Smokeping config file to include a path for tmail in the General section: tmail = /usr/local/smokeping/etc/tmail COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 by Dan McGinn-Combs. All right reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AUTHOR
Dan McGinn-Combs <d.mcginn-combs@mindspring.com> Modified for Smokeping official distribution by Niko Tyni <ntyni@iki.fi> 2.6.8 2012-02-26 TSMOKE(1)