Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fresh admin
Operating Systems Solaris fresh admin Post 53117 by rhfrommn on Tuesday 6th of July 2004 10:50:48 AM
Old 07-06-2004
Well, that is a pretty broad question, so here's a pretty broad answer . . .

The best source for Solaris stuff is docs.sun.com. They have html and/or pdf versions of tons and tons of their manuals.

For HP/UX I found the message boards on HP's ITRC website to be very helpful when I was trying to convert my Solaris knowledge into HP.

For AIX I know IBM has a big documentation website kinda like docs.sun.com with some of their manuals online. I don't remember the link, but it was easy to find navagating from the support pages of their main website.

Good luck!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fresh Solaris installation

Dear experts I am going to do a fresh installation of Solaris 8 on my spark workstation. Which partitions or subdirectories I have to make during installation. Which size you recommend. My installation disk is 8 GB. Cheers Reza (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
2 Replies

2. AIX

Command to fresh the memory !

Command to fresh the memory ! Some time during some load on the AIX system memory will get hang and will not respond for any new process. Can you please helper me with command to fresh the memory to avoid that hanging on the memory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very fresh to UNIX

Hello all, I am very new to unix. Can anybody suggest me good learning videos and their links for UNIX. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nnani
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies

6. Solaris

I 'd like to start fresh.

How can I deinstall or delete the whole environment and delete everything (all the files, group, users). I would like to start fresh. I 'd like to install ORACLE 12c. Create users from scratch, create group from scratch etc) Why? I installed Oracle 11g on Solaris. It had an ORACLE_BASE,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
6 Replies
readbin(1)						      General Commands Manual							readbin(1)

NAME
readbin - ATLC's binary file information provider SYNOPSIS
readbin filename.bin WARNING
This man page is not a complete set of documentation - the complexity of the atlc project makes man pages not an ideal way to document it, although out of completeness, man pages are produced. The best documentation that was current at the time this version was produced should be found on your hard drive, usually at /usr/local/share/atlc/docs/html-docs/index.html although it might be elsewhere if your system administrator chose to install the package elsewhere. Sometimes, errors are corrected in the documentation and placed at http://atlc.sourceforge.net/ before a new release of atlc is released. Please, if you notice a problem with the documentation - even spelling errors and typos, please let me know. DESCRIPTION
readbin reports on the number and type of pixels created by the program atlc. OPTIONS
There are no options for readbin EXAMPLE
% readbin coax2.V.bin file length=127008 bytes = 15876 pixels there are: 489 ones, 10852 zeros, 0 -ones, 4535 other values FILES
atlc-X.Y.Z/docs/html-docs/index.html the full documentation. bitmapfile.bmp Original bitmap file. Must be 24-bit colour uncompressed. bitmapfile.Ex.bin X-component of E-field as a binary. bitmapfile.Ey.bin y-component of E-field as a binary. . bitmapfile.E.bin Sqrt(Ex^2+Ey^2), as a binary. bitmapfile.V.bin bitmapfile.V.bin Voltage as a binary. All the saved binary files (.bin's) are saved as a double precision number for each of the pixels. The first double is the top left, the last the bottom right. SEE ALSO
atlc(1) create_bmp_for_circ_in_circ(1) create_bmp_for_circ_in_rect(1) create_bmp_for_microstrip_coupler(1) cre- ate_bmp_for_rect_cen_in_rect(1) create_bmp_for_rect_cen_in_rect_coupler(1) create_bmp_for_rect_in_circ(1) create_bmp_for_rect_in_rect(1) create_bmp_for_stripline_coupler(1) create_bmp_for_symmetrical_stripline(1) design_coupler(1) find_optimal_dimensions_for_microstrip_cou- pler(1) http://atlc.sourceforge.net - Home page http://sourceforge.net/projects/atlc - Download area atlc-X.Y.Z/docs/html-docs/index.html - HTML docs atlc-X.Y.Z/docs/qex-december-1996/atlc.pdf - theory paper atlc-X.Y.Z/examples - examples Dr. David Kirkby atlc-4.4.2 28th Sept 2003 readbin(1)