Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fresh admin
Operating Systems Solaris fresh admin Post 53110 by hmaiida on Tuesday 6th of July 2004 09:05:05 AM
Old 07-06-2004
Data fresh admin

hi everybody

i'm just recreuted as UNIX system admin...
please tell me from where do i have to begin...

best regards

Last edited by hmaiida; 07-06-2004 at 10:10 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fresh Solaris installation

Dear experts I am going to do a fresh installation of Solaris 8 on my spark workstation. Which partitions or subdirectories I have to make during installation. Which size you recommend. My installation disk is 8 GB. Cheers Reza (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
2 Replies

2. AIX

Command to fresh the memory !

Command to fresh the memory ! Some time during some load on the AIX system memory will get hang and will not respond for any new process. Can you please helper me with command to fresh the memory to avoid that hanging on the memory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very fresh to UNIX

Hello all, I am very new to unix. Can anybody suggest me good learning videos and their links for UNIX. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nnani
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies

6. Solaris

I 'd like to start fresh.

How can I deinstall or delete the whole environment and delete everything (all the files, group, users). I would like to start fresh. I 'd like to install ORACLE 12c. Create users from scratch, create group from scratch etc) Why? I installed Oracle 11g on Solaris. It had an ORACLE_BASE,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
6 Replies
GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)					       University of Chicago					     GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)

NAME
globus-gatekeeper-admin - Manage globus-gatekeeper services SYNOPSIS
globus-gatekeeper-admin [-h] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-l] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-e SERVICE] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-E] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-d SERVICE] DESCRIPTION
The globus-gatekeeper-admin program manages service entries which are used by the globus-gatekeeper to execute services. Service entries are located in the /etc/grid-services directory. The globus-gatekeeper-admin can list, enable, or disable specific services, or set a service as the default. The -h command-line option shows a brief usage message. Listing services The -l command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to list all of the services which are available to be run by the globus-gatekeeper. In the output, the service name will be followed by its status in brackets. Possible status strings are ENABLED, DISABLED, and ALIAS to NAME, where NAME is another service name. If the -n NAME is used, then only information about the service named NAME is printed. Enabling services The -e SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service so that it may be run by the globus-gatekeeper. If the -n NAME option is used as well, then the service will be enabled with the alias NAME. Enabling a default service The -E command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service alias with the name jobmanager. The globus-gatekeeper-admin program will choose the first service it finds as the default. To enable a particular service as the default, use the -e parameter described above with the -n parameter. Disabling services The -d SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to disable a service so that it may not be run by the globus-gatekeeper. All aliases to a disabled service are also disabled. FILES
/etc/grid-services Default location of enabled gatekeeper service descriptions. University of Chicago 12/13/2011 GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)