Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun boxes
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sun boxes Post 53091 by dkaplowitz on Monday 5th of July 2004 03:16:22 PM
Old 07-05-2004
I agree with s93366 that you should try to get something slightly faster if you can, though the one you're considering will run Sol9, which meets your objectives. It just won't be very much fun to run anything on it, and if you want to use CDE or something, it's really going to suck.

Also, I don't know how the prices go in the UK, but with shipping and the asking price, I think that's a little expensive. I was going to pick a 170Mhz model with a 20GB drive and 256 MB RAM for somewhere in the ballpark of $30. USD. Admittedly that was cheap, but you should be able to get something better than that for ~45 quid.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX boxes - am I mad?

Greetings, and thanks for having such an interesting forum! I currently have 3 Intel boxes running 2000, and two HP boxes running HP-UX 10.20. I am very inexperienced with the Unix/Linux world. I have several problems, mainly in getting them all networked together. I am constrained to keep a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Menace
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing passwords remotely on sun boxes

now, for reasons i really cant begin to delve into, i have to find a way to be able to rmeotely create user accounts and also assign them passwords. unfortunately, it appears Sun boxes frowns upon this. sun boxes will let u create a user account remotely but will never let u assign the useraccount... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! Suggestions on what I can I use my 2 unix boxes for?

Once upon a looong time ago I used to work with Unix systems - SGI mainly. Now I've inherited 2 boxes - an SGI dual processor Octane and an Indigo2. For the past 2 years they've sat waiting for me to do something with them and never getting round to it. I run a windows network at home so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimmyChang
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Drop down boxes

Hello All, I am trying to come up with this interface with the backend on perl. The interface needs drop down boxes with dynamic chain loading ( as in contents of the 1st drop down box will populate the second drop down and so on) Any idea how I can do this? Kindly help Regards, Garric (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Alternate to pinging boxes

Hello, We have boxes on a WAN network I guess you would call it, pretty much they are hooked up via DSL in different locations in the US and we connect to them via SSH for a secure connection. Some of the boxes won't return a ping request like they are down, I am guessing is because the router... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP and DMZ boxes

Hi I would like write a script that will do sftp frm a box that resides inside the FW to a box that resides in DMZ.Any ideas guys.I tried generating rsa keys for a particular user, however just want to know is there any other solution or not. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks CK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plotting boxes in gnuplot

When I plot a set of data in gnuplot from a file like: 1 5 2 3 4 6 5 1 using plot "file.txt" w boxes I would expect that at the x value of 3 it will go to a value of 0 for y... but it doesn't. Is there a way to fix that, or do I actually have to type by hand an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

9. Solaris

new sun boxes

Hi, we plan to purchase new sun solaris server M4000 for oracle erp as we have old servers we want to upgrade it with new servers and would like to know query related to it. 1)what is Operating system version will comes with new servers and bit size either 32 bit or 64 bit?? 2)bit size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have two SunFire boxes

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and probably 'unix for dummies' or maybe unix hardware for dummies is a good place to post my question. I'm the I S manager for a small county, just myself and one good tech. We recently had two SunFire T2000 boxes donated to us. We both have a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starrouter
1 Replies
MBK_WORK_LIB(1) 					     MBK ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES						   MBK_WORK_LIB(1)

NAME
MBK_WORK_LIB - define the mbk working directory SYNOPSYS
c-shell running setenv MBK_WORK_LIB unix path ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
MBK_WORK_LIB sets the directory where are saved the results of an invocation of mbk or genlib. This directory is considered to be, from an mbk point of view, read and write. Also, when a file is searched for reading, the first directory to be looked at is the MBK_WORK_LIB, and then the one defined in MBK_CATA_LIB(1). The unix path argument must be a actually accessible path on your host machine. ERRORS
"mbk_fopen : can't open file 'unix_path/file.xx'" This occurs when either the unix path is irrelevent, or when the file doesn't exist if it is open for reading, or when you don't have the right on the file or directory while trying to write it. EXAMPLE
setenv MBK_WORK_LIB ~fred/crechan/uom SEE ALSO
mbk(3), genlib(1), MBK_CATA_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 MBK_WORK_LIB(1)