Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers rsync problem - space character in filename Post 53068 by dkaplowitz on Sunday 4th of July 2004 09:06:37 AM
Old 07-04-2004
Can you post the command you're running to rsync these files? (And I'm assuming you're using rsync on FreeBSD and not one on Cygwin on Windows or something, but if I'm wrong post that too). I personally haven't encountered this problem using rsync from one type of UNIX box to another, so, assuming you're not using some strange switch, I'm wondering if there's some other problem causing this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filename that starts with a space

I accidentally started a filename with a spce and I can not get rid of it. Any words of advice? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: noobie_doo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename character changes

I want to make a script for change filename's character not in English for a given directory. But I am not sure where am I starting from due to I am a little bit new user for scripts. At least is there anybody can help me to make first step ,how can I find illegal or unwanted characters in file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display last 8 character of filename

I would like to display the last 8 characters of the filenames for filenames of different lengths. I can delete the last 8 characters with sed but dont know how to only show the last 8 characters. The filenames are something like; afxH340800340000 afxH30800340021 afxR3080034002122 I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beanz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last character from filename

Hi All, I have different type of file (.txt,.csv,.xml) format in my current directory. My requirement is that I need to remove the last character from the file format. Example count.txt$ csp_rules.csv^ Date.xml~ Need Output: count.txt csp_rules.csv Date.xml How to do that?.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh01_apk
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filename with white space

our user creates a text file with a white space on the filename. this same file is transfered to unix via automation tool. i have a korn shell script that reads these files on a input directory and connects to oracle database to run the oracle procedures which will load the data from each of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed- Replace space in filename by a \

`echo $file | sed 's/ / /g'` Hey guys I want help in converting the spaces in my file names to '\ ' . Example: UK maps --> UK\ maps Could someone please help me. I have tried the following sequences already (none of them work): 1)s/ /\ /g 2)s/ /\\ /g 3)s/ /\\\ /g Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: INNSAV1
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a certain character in a filename and count the characters up to the certain character

Hello, I do have folders containing having funny strings in their names and one space. First, I do remove the funny strings and replace the space by an underscore. find . -name '* *' | while read file; do target=`echo "$file" | sed 's/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tempestas
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read character by character in line in which space is also included

Hi friend, I have one file , and i want to read that file character by character. I need this script in ksh. while using read option with -n1 am getting error. while read -n1 c read has bad option And if i am using below script, then if in a line has space like this ( Pallvi mahajan)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

^M special character in Filename

Hi All, Special character ? is added in between filename. Am not able to figure our why this is happening. In my Development environment special characters are not present. This issue is happening in the higher environment. It would be helpful if somebody can tell what are the possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space in input filename with pipe

Hello, Normally below script works, could you please comment out what could be the reason of failure if there are spaces in input filename: script.sh #!/bin/bash cd /home/hts/.hts/tvh/ file="$1 $2 $3 $4" read -d $'\x04' name < "$file" /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i ""$name"" -vcodec copy -preset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_rsyncd - Manages an rsync daemon SYNOPSIS
rsyncd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This script manages rsync daemon SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binpath The rsync binary path. For example, "/usr/bin/rsync" (optional, string, default rsync) conffile The rsync daemon configuration file name with full path. For example, "/etc/rsyncd.conf" (optional, string, default /etc/rsyncd.conf) bwlimit This option allows you to specify a maximum transfer rate in kilobytes per second. This option is most effective when using rsync with large files (several megabytes and up). Due to the nature of rsync transfers, blocks of data are sent, then if rsync determines the transfer was too fast, it will wait before sending the next data block. The result is an average transfer rate equaling the specified limit. A value of zero specifies no limit. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a rsyncd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_rsyncd ocf:heartbeat:rsyncd op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/rsyncd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)