Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remote shell command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers remote shell command Post 5297 by S.Vishwanath on Friday 10th of August 2001 05:26:24 AM
Old 08-10-2001

1. <your local unix machines host name/Ip Address > <ur user name>

for Ex:- 12.12.23.43 nicholas
This is ur local system's IP address & local user name...

2. Please place this file into users home direcotry on the remote systems in to which u want to try remote activities.

Ex: If u want to login on the remote system as root, then place this file in the root directory itself i.e. under '/'

If u want to login on the remote system as xxxx, then place this file in the /usr/users/xxxx (this is the home directory of the users xxxxx on the remote system).

3. I'm not shure about this....

Do let us know....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop in remote shell command

Hi All Does anyone have any idea on how I can create a loop when running a remote shell. e.g. If I want to execute the following command remotely and log the output locally for x in `lsvg` do lsvg $x done > /tmp/myfile I have tried rsh myhost -l root for x in `lsvg`^Jdo^Jlsvg $x^Jdone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Runnig Remote Shell

Please I need your help. I want to run remotely a unix shell that run a java process, from a Visual Basic Client. Thanks mac33 :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac33
4 Replies

3. Programming

Remote Shell Program

Hello, Where can I find some Remote shell program in UNIX Environment? thx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kennethchow
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command not working with rsh(remote shell)

Hi, root@air01a>SS7Manager -status This command gives correct output. But when I write this in script and run it on SUNMC (which can connect to air01 and by default login as root). It gives the error "SS7manager not found" or "can not open". Here is the scripts. #!/bin/sh rsh air01a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lastkey
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

remote shell

hi how can i make remote shell to hp-ux from linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dereckfun
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command in a remote machine through ssh - shell script

Hi All, i have two machines like x and y . my requirement is i should connect to machine Y from x through ssh connection . and do some operation such as copy and move and delete files in Y machine . i tried with this code but it is doing in machine x only . and i need to exit from Y when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Until string from remote command equals value run remote command

I solved my issue by using the following code #!/bin/bash function GET_STATUS { #values Active Passive Failed ssh -a localhost '/home/user/fakecommand.sh' } STATE="unknown" until ] do echo $STATE sleep 5 STATUS=`GET_STATUS` echo $STATUS | grep Active &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: $scipt_Kid
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script

Geeks, Could you please help me out in my script and identify the missing piece. I need to check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script and send out an email when process/processes is/are not running on any/all server(s). Here's the complete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
rhosts(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 rhosts(4)

NAME
rhosts, .rhosts - Specifies remote users that can use a local user account SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.rhosts DESCRIPTION
The .rhosts file contains a list of remote users who are not required to supply a login password when they execute the rcp, rlogin, and rsh commands using a local user account. The .rhosts file is a hidden file in your home directory. It must be owned by you or the root user and it must not be writable by group or world, otherwise, it is not used. Moreover, although it is not required, it is sensible to set the permissions of the file to 600, so the file is not readable by group or world. Each entry in the file is of the following form: host [user] where: The name of the remote host. If the remote host is in a different domain than the local host, the full domain name must be speci- fied. The login name of the remote user. This field is optional. If this field is not specified, any user on the specified remote host is exempt from providing a password, and is assumed to have the same username on both the local and remote hosts. Optionally, an NIS netgroup name can be specified for the host name, user name, or both. Entries in the .rhosts file are either positive or negative. Positive entries allow access; negative entries deny access. The following entries are positive: hostname username +@netgroup In addition, the plus sign (+) can be used in place of the hostname or username. In place of the hostname, it means any remote host. In place of the username, it means any user. The following entries are negative: -hostname -username -@netgroup EXAMPLES
The following sample entries in the /u/chen/.rhosts file on host zeus allow users moshe and pierre at remote host venus and user robert at the hosts specified in the NIS netgroup chicago to log in to user chen's home directory on host zeus: venus moshe venus pierre +@chicago robert FILES
Specifies remote users who can use a local user account. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: rcp(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1). Functions: ruserok(3). Files: hosts.equiv(4), netgroup(4). Functions: rcmd(3). delim off rhosts(4)