Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: to serve or be served??
Special Forums IP Networking to serve or be served?? Post 52947 by mistafeesh on Wednesday 30th of June 2004 11:18:29 AM
Old 06-30-2004
it is the mac that uses most of my files. It has been dragging its heels recently, and I think I may be able to attribute that to its filesharing...

The website files, however, are used mostly by the Linux box, which serves them, currently, from the NFS share - though I do edit these on the Mac. Maybe I should move these files to the Linux machine and share them with the Mac.
It's all on a fairly enclosed network, btw - nothing is served up to the internet - the webserving is just for me to test sites.

edit -- I do also have a win98 PC on the network that needs occasional access to files. Currently the Linux machine re-shares the NFS share with SMB, which is probably quite messy but it works. I guess it can just use some of the webshare directory on the linux box rather that have access to all the macs files...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX reomote serve

i am on win 2000 reomting into aix unix server, i need to copy a file from /tmp to my win 200 desktop, can anyone help with the command i need to use. also, if a want to view a file in this directory how do i open it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassanj
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to take file from SAP server to local serve automatically

Hi, I have problem in writing the UNIX scripts,I have one SAP server and my local server .I want to take one file from SAP server to my local server weekly bases I want to write one UNIX scripts which will automatically takes that file from SAP server to my server.so I need not need to pull the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohsin22021987
1 Replies

3. Web Development

Symbol Links amongst Apache's served files, is this a security-don't?

I read somewhere that you should make sure Apache is configured to not allow symbolic links to be followed outside the webroot, as this can compromise security. I can imagine how this could lead to a security risk: eg: Is my assumption correct? -- Is it nothing more than: "its just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

How Would You Like Your Loops Served Today?

Scrutinizer and i had a discussion about loops in shell scripts and you might be interested in joining in and share your experiences: i wrote an example script which basically employed the following logic: cat /some/file | while read var ; do echo var = $var # just do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
8 Replies

5. Web Development

I need apache to serve images from localhost instead of appserver

I have an apache/2.2.15 server centos 6.3 The apache server will be serving jboss app via mod_proxy (got that working) But... I need to serve the images from a local directory on the apache server. Here is my configuration. When I got to the site, I get 404s for all the images. What am I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmaq7621
5 Replies

6. AIX

VIOS backupios -mksysb - does it need to be served by a NIM server ?

working through VIOS backup options. Generally, we store mksysb's on a server and then NFS mount them from it to copy to a VIO optical library, etc. In the case of a VIO backup, I see the -mksysb option to backupios and understand that it doesn't include the NIM resources in the backup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies

7. AIX

Rebooting redundant VIOs and mirroring of PVs they serve to client LPARs

need to confirm: we have a system with two VIOs each serving a partition on a local disk to a client LPAR. That client LPAR has them both in a VG which is mirrored (exact). So each disk has a copy of the client LV that the client VG supports. This is the setup that was bequeathed to us by the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies
HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)

NAME
hp-search-mac -- HP switch search tool. DESCRIPTION
HP-search-MAC is an util that can query HP switches for their connection table. It then allow you to search for a MAC address and tell you where it is physically connected (best match first). . The functionality is similar to traceroute but on Ethernet level and only for HP switches. USAGE
hp-search-mac [options] [MAC] [...] OPTIONS
hp-search-mac [options] mac [ [options] mac ] [...] options: --dl n Set debug level to n. --help Print this help. --hostname host[=>community] | -h host[=>community] Set a switch name to search. You can also set this in /etc/hp-search-mac.conf or ~/.hp-search-mac.conf. The hash to set is \%switches. Mac: You can use some different formats: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff (hex) ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff (hex) 0.123.0.12.0.12.0 (dec) CONFIGURATION: \%switches: This is a normal perl hash of the form \%switches = ("host" => "community", ...); AUTHOR
Ola Lundqvist <ola@inguza.com> SEE ALSO
snmp-walk(1) snmp-get(1) hp-search-mac Mon Apr 7 21:21:44 CEST 2008 HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)