Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers x window configuration for redhat 6.0 Post 5291 by LivinFree on Friday 10th of August 2001 03:39:22 AM
Old 08-10-2001

You video card may not be fully supported... I had this problem with a cheap-o machine that I had... Windows only vid card.

Did you try Xconfigurator? I believe that in 6.0, you may manually set sync rates and frequency... It may be just that.

You may have to do a little research on your monitor and vid card, but hopefully it'll pay off in the end!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat display cpu configuration

Hello people ! Does anyone knows how can I get the CPU configuration in the RedHat Box ??? I need know the frequence of cpu and how much cpu(s) in my box ... Thank you, Witt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

3. Red Hat

qmail configuration in redhat linux - doubts

hi, How to Install & configure the qmail in redhat linux? and also how to get the free qmail package? I know the sendmail configuration in redhat linux. What is the features of qmail compared with sendmail? Regards, Jones (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jones_linux
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Dns configuration error in Redhat

Dear All I want to configure DNS in redhat linux. i am following these steps but when i restart the services it is showing status failed. Please any body can help me on urgent basis. #service named restart Stopping named: Starting named: ---------Edited in named.conf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

where do the configuration files from Redhat (fedora) authconfig-tui reside?

I have tried moving out the /etc/ldap.conf as well as /etc/openldap/ldap.conf files. I have LDAP Authentication turned on in the TUI. It lets me define a host and base, but the entries are not saved to the above files. /etc/sysconfig/authconfig has a bunch of environmental variables, but none... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: druidmatrix
2 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris samba configuration without wins service from authentication window server/Active directory

Hi All, We are using solaris samba server for our company project to provide access to code to our development team.Recently our ICT has disabled wins service on Active directory due which user are not able to connect to samba share and they are getting error "No logon server available" as samba... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

[nmcli] Where is the configuration file of device (redhat 7)

OS is redhat 7. # nmcli dev DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION virbr0 bridge disconnected -- eno16777736 ethernet disconnected -- eno33554960 ethernet disconnected -- virbr0-nic ethernet disconnected -- lo ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tien86
1 Replies
CARD(1) 								FSF								   CARD(1)

NAME
card - print reference card of program options SYNOPSIS
card [OPTION]... PROGRAM... DESCRIPTION
Print a reference card of the PROGRAMs thanks to their inline help. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -o, --output=FILE save the output in FILE -l, --language=LL print the help in the language LL (default: English) --command=CMD perform pretty-printing on the output of CMD (e.g. --command='netscape -help') Options for a2ps are given after `--', for instance $ card -lfr a2ps -- -Pdisplay -4 News, updates and documentation: http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/ AUTHOR
Written by Akim Demaille. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-a2ps@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-99 Akim Demaille, Miguel Santana This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
a2ps(1), card(1), fixps(1), pdiff(1), psset(1), texi2dvi4a2ps(1). The full documentation for card is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and card programs are properly installed at your site, the command info card should give you access to the complete manual. card 1.3 (GNU a2ps 4.14) March 2014 CARD(1)