Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to invoke SMIT GUI
Operating Systems AIX How to invoke SMIT GUI Post 52906 by kswaraj on Tuesday 29th of June 2004 01:35:27 PM
Old 06-29-2004
How to invoke SMIT GUI

Hi All

I am using AIX 5.1, i have Cygwin-X installed on my Windows XP Pro desktop, I had started the X-Windows Session and logged into the remote AIX server via telnet.

When i issue the command smit i only get the command line version of the SMIT, How can i invoke the SMIT GUI version ?

Am i missing something here.

Thanks in Advance
Swaraj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smit.script

Can someone tell me what the smit.script file does? I'm having a problem with one of my boxes pointing at the wrong webserver. This is the only place I can find the wrong address, but I'm not sure what the file does so I'm afraid to change it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

smit.script

what is the smit.script file and does it ever need to be cleaned up or deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PamRainwater
0 Replies

4. AIX

Two new options needs to be added to SMIT GUI

Hi, I am a beginner to SMIT environment. Kindly tell me how to add a new option to the GUI. For example options like "ADD A USER".:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janani_kalyan
2 Replies

5. AIX

Smit logs

Hi everyone, I'm trying to keep my smit logs in other directory diferent than the user's home. I know with -l and -s you can change this settings but I'm wondering if there is any environment value that I can set. It can be done using alias too ... Thanx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfons
3 Replies

6. AIX

SMIT on Linux

Hi All, I have a Linux system (RHEL 5). I want to install SMIT of AIX on it. Is it possible? if yes, how it can be done? Appreciate any help from you. Amol. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to realize SMIT on linux OS

Hi everybody, I want to know that how to realize the SMIT(The System Management Interface Tool ) of AIX on LINUX OS. would you tell some examples of SMIT or other useful information about it ? Thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: addictlinux
2 Replies

8. AIX

Doubts on SMIT

Hi All, Have a few doubts on SMIT. 1. Is SMIT available in seperate packages if it is not installed by default with the AIX ? 2. how to check the smit version.. is there anything of that kind ? 3. what is the effect of smit.cat file ? 4. What are all the files present in /etc/objrepos/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
4 Replies

9. AIX

Where is smit.cat file ?

Someones know where is smit.cat file ? (the smit message catalog file) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
1 Replies

10. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies
Inline-Support(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Inline-Support(3pm)

NAME
Inline-Support - Support Information for Inline.pm and related modules. DESCRIPTION
This document contains all of the latest support information for "Inline.pm" and the recognized Inline Language Support Modules (ILSMs) available on CPAN. SUPPORTED LANGUAGES
The most important language that Inline supports is "C". That is because Perl itself is written in "C". By giving a your Perl scripts access to "C", you in effect give them access to the entire glorious internals of Perl. (Caveat scriptor :-) As of this writing, Inline also supports: - C++ - Java - Python - Tcl - Assembly - CPR - And even Inline::Foo! :) Projects that I would most like to see happen in the year 2001 are: - Fortran - Ruby - Lisp - Guile - Bash - Perl4 SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
"Inline::C" should work anywhere that CPAN extension modules (those that use XS) can be installed, using the typical install format of: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install It has been tested on many Unix and Windows variants. NOTE: "Inline::C" requires Perl 5.005 or higher because "Parse::RecDescent" requires it. (Something to do with the "qr" operator) Inline has been successfully tested at one time or another on the following platforms: Linux Solaris SunOS HPUX AIX FreeBSD OpenBSD BeOS OS X WinNT Win2K WinME Win98 Cygwin The Microsoft tests deserve a little more explanation. I used the following: Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 6) Perl 5.005_03 (ActiveState build 522) MS Visual C++ 6.0 The "nmake" make utility (distributed w/ Visual C++) "Inline::C" pulls all of its base configuration (including which "make" utility to use) from "Config.pm". Since your MSWin32 version of Perl probably came from ActiveState (as a binary distribution) the "Config.pm" will indicate that "nmake" is the system's "make" utility. That is because ActiveState uses Visual C++ to compile Perl. To install "Inline.pm" (or any other CPAN module) on MSWin32 w/ Visual C++, use these: perl Makefile.PL nmake nmake test nmake install Inline has also been made to work with Mingw32/gcc on all Windows platforms. This is a free compiler for Windows. You must also use a perl built with that compiler. The "Cygwin" test was done on a Windows 98 machine using the Cygwin Unix/Win32 porting layer software from Cygnus. The "perl" binary on this machine was also compiled using the Cygwin tool set ("gcc"). This software is freely available from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ If you get Inline to work on a new platform, please send me email email. If it doesn't work, let me know as well and I'll see what can be done. SEE ALSO
For general information about Inline see Inline. For information about using Inline with C see Inline::C. For sample programs using Inline with C see Inline::C-Cookbook. For information on writing your own Inline Language Support Module, see Inline-API. Inline's mailing list is inline@perl.org To subscribe, send email to inline-subscribe@perl.org AUTHOR
Brian Ingerson <INGY@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2002. Brian Ingerson. Copyright (c) 2008, 2010-2012. Sisyphus. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-02-02 Inline-Support(3pm)