Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Socket Programming socket
Top Forums Programming Socket Programming socket Post 52891 by soshell on Tuesday 29th of June 2004 07:49:59 AM
Old 06-29-2004
Perhaps....I will need to send mail, send SMS, reboot computer (so using shell command), so I guess I will need a lot of librairies!

So thank you!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Programming

Hi , I'm facing the following problem in socket programming. My structure is struct { int i; char *str; }samp; I'm creating the pointer to this structure and assigning the value to the structure members and send via the socket to the another process. The receiver process when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunviswanath
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

socket programming

Hi, I am trying to connect to more than 60 servers to perform some actions remotely. for this I am using ssh2. But its taking lot of time. Though i am running the command in background, still its taking long time to execute.. Any one let me know can we use sockets instead of ssh2 for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

socket programming

can we send udp message to a destination ip address .. without having an ip address configured in our machine using recvfrom ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket programming

in c socket programming, how can I send and received on the same port? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hi i need help with socket programming

in socket programming how can i : Create for example 3 blank files, namely: server, client, network •Server: act as servers/provider, will receive all requests from different client •Client: requesters •Network: middle-layer of communication between server & client any tips or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedah160
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Socket programming

my socket program is not working with larger port numbers like more than 60000 , any reason why ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

8. Programming

Socket programming

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm working on new project for last few days and this forum already helped me on couple of occasions. I don't have any prior experience with network programming so I'll appreciate any advise given. I'm trying to do the following: 1. open user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _thomas
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

10. Programming

socket programming

how to include socket.h in visual studio 2005.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asd123
2 Replies
WWW::Facebook::API::SMS(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      WWW::Facebook::API::SMS(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Facebook::API::SMS - Facebook SMS SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Facebook::API; DESCRIPTION
Methods for accessing sms with WWW::Facebook::API SUBROUTINES
/METHODS base Returns the WWW::Facebook::API base object. new Constructor. can_send( %params ) The sms.canSend method of the Facebook API. $client->sms->can_send( uid => bigint uid, ); send( %params ) The sms.send method of the Facebook API. $client->sms->send( uid => bigint uid, message => 'message', session_id => i32, req_session => bool, ); DIAGNOSTICS
None. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
WWW::Facebook::API::SMS requires no configuration files or environment variables. DEPENDENCIES
See WWW::Facebook::API INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-www-facebook-api@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. AUTHORS
Thomas Burke "<tburke@cpan.org>" David Romano "<unobe@cpan.org>" LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008-2010, David Romano "<unobe@cpan.org>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENSE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.10.1 2010-03-13 WWW::Facebook::API::SMS(3pm)