Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HELP! UNIX AIX IBM C Compiler! Post 5281 by bobarob on Thursday 9th of August 2001 05:46:05 PM
Old 08-09-2001
HELP! UNIX AIX IBM C Compiler!

I currently have an IBM AIX UNIX MACHINE WITH VERSION 4 operating system.

Already installed is a 3.1.4 version of the C Compiler that comes with the package.

For the longest time this software ran fine until we changed our Company server and the IP addresses were changed.

Now when the compiler is ran I get this error message:

1506-333 (S) License failure: acquire: No servers available for this vendor (network license server/library).

IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE THIS OR GET IT WORKING AGAIN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installing PHP on IBM/RS6000 AIX UNIX

I am attempting to install PHP on an IBM RS6000 AIX UNIX box. I am not getting very far and hope someone can point me in the right direction. Here is the message from the output: checking for Apache 1.x module support via DSO through APXS Sorry I was not able to successfully run APXS.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
0 Replies

3. AIX

C++ compiler for AIX

please I want a help to how can I get C++ compiler to AIX OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmed waheed
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Xlc compiler

Hi Team I have a native applicaiton built on AIX using the xLC v8 Which could be the possible impacts from a code change point of view if I'll compile with the xLC v10? Thanks Marco (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antcos
0 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

6. AIX

pwage-aix for IBM AIX servers

This is the password aging script for aix just completed. So far tested and still testing on one of our aix server running 5.3.0.0. So anyway as you can see it is very similar to pwage-hpux-T the only difference on aix /etc/passwd file looks in this format. Also for this script to work you need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

7. AIX

Migrating from HP Unix to IBM AIX 6.1

HI , We are in process to migrate from UNIX to AIX 6.1 version . I need to understand differences between commands that are used in UNIX and AIX. I want to make sure AIX has all command options avaliable from HP Unix.If any mismatch it should be addressed . Since many commands are used it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want a script to view the complete log information of data stage job from UNIX IBM AIX.

Hi, I am working on data stage 8.7 version and I want a script a to view the all log information of the data stage job from UNIX environment. Can you please help me out by give the script. Thanks in advance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
7 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
FS_CHECKVOLUMES(1)					       AFS Command Reference						FS_CHECKVOLUMES(1)

NAME
fs_checkvolumes - Forces the Cache Manager to update volume information SYNOPSIS
fs checkvolumes [-help] fs checkv [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs checkvolumes command discards the table of mappings between volume names and volume ID numbers that the Cache Manager stores in memory and uses when fetching data from volumes. The next time an application requests AFS data, the Cache Manager must contact the Volume Location (VL) Server for volume location information, and then an appropriate file server machine for the actual data. The Cache Manager updates the table of mappings periodically (by default, hourly), but this command is useful if the issuer knows that a volume's name has changed, or that new read-only replicas of a volume have been released, because issuing it forces the Cache Manager to reference the changed volume. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The following message confirms that the command ran successfully. All volumeID/name mappings checked. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_CHECKVOLUMES(1)