Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Code Red Redirect
Special Forums Cybersecurity Code Red Redirect Post 5280 by Neo on Thursday 9th of August 2001 05:03:10 PM
Old 08-09-2001
No, it does not really lower the load on Apache servers. It is just a fun idea Smilie

When default.ida does not exist, the return code is 400:

Quote:

128.146.87.135 - - [19/Jul/2001:16:46:10 -0400] "GET /default.ida?NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN%u9090%u6858%ucbd3%u7801%u9090%u6858%ucbd3%u7801%u9090%u6858%ucb d3%u7801%u9090%u9090%u8190%u00c3%u0003%u8b00%u531b%u53ff%u0078%u0000%u00=a HTTP/1.0" 400 252
After redirect the return code is 302:

Quote:
64.95.192.98 - - [09/Aug/2001:17:01:01 -0400] "GET /default.ida?XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX%u9090%u6858%ucbd3%u7801%u9090%u6858%ucbd3%u7801%u9090%u6858%ucb d3%u7801%u9090%u9090%u8190%u00c3%u0003%u8b00%u531b%u53ff%u0078%u0000%u00=a HTTP/1.0" 302 567

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Redirect

I'm sittig behind a firewall that doesn't allow ftp. I have a conection to a UNIX system, connecting throug SSH. Is it possible to redirect the ftp through the UNIX to my computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: <Therapy>
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

redirect connection

I have two UX servers ( eg. Server A , Server B ) , the users use Netterm as emulator to telnet to connect to these servers , each server have assigned a dedicated IP address ( eg. Server A --> 192.168.1.1 , Server B --> 192.168.1.2 ) , now if a user want to connect Server A , he need to telnet to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect STDIN

can you redirect STDIN with command arguments? I have tried this approach: # ./script -option <argument1> <argument2> 0<$2 # $2: ambiguous redirect Is this possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Output

Hi, I would like to list files: ls *.hdf But I would like a copy of the output directed to the screen, but also APPENDED to a text file: test.txt I have tried: ls *.hdf | tee test.txt However, that will just write over everything already existing in test.txt. How can I append the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect LVM commands to file in Red Hat

I have been trying to create a little script to direct system configuration information to a file, however when I run LVM commands (vgdisplay, lvdisplay...etc) nothing appears in my output file. This is what I currently have in my script: vgdisplay >> sysinfo.out everthing else seems to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alvescot
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Redirect URL containing #!

I have a Rewrite Rule that helps me redirect a page with no hindrance. I am rewriting mydomain.com/best to mydomain.com/#!/ using RewriteRule ^\/best\/? /#!/ Now I want to Rewrite mydomain.com/#!/best to (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp redirect

Hi i want to redirect a list of ftp file to an exsisting file by mls x.txt mylocalfile.txt result of this command corrupt my data on mylocalfile.txt , please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rezasadeghi
2 Replies

9. Programming

C, UNIX: How to redirect 'stdout' to a file from a C code?

I am looking for a way to redirect standard output to a file from a C-code; so, any 'cout<<..' or 'printf(...)' will be written into a file. I have a server source that I need to debug. That program called by RPC (remote procedure call) and has no any session to print out anything. I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
3 Replies
Apache::Qpsmtpd(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Apache::Qpsmtpd(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Qpsmtpd - a mod_perl-2 connection handler for qpsmtpd SYNOPSIS
Listen 0.0.0.0:25 smtp AcceptFilter smtp none ## "smtp" and the AcceptFilter are required for Linux, FreeBSD ## with apache >= 2.1.5, for others it doesn't hurt. See also ## http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#acceptfilter ## and http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#listen LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so <Perl> use lib qw( /path/to/qpsmtpd/lib ); use Apache::Qpsmtpd; $ENV{QPSMTPD_CONFIG} = "/path/to/qpsmtpd/config"; </Perl> <VirtualHost _default_:25> PerlModule Apache::Qpsmtpd PerlProcessConnectionHandler Apache::Qpsmtpd # can specify this in config/plugin_dirs if you wish: PerlSetVar qpsmtpd.plugin_dirs /path/to/qpsmtpd/plugins PerlSetVar qpsmtpd.loglevel 4 </VirtualHost> DESCRIPTION
This module implements a mod_perl/apache 2.0 connection handler that turns Apache into an SMTP server using Qpsmtpd. It also allows you to set single-valued config options (such as loglevel, as seen above) using "PerlSetVar" in httpd.conf. This module should be considered beta software as it is not yet widely tested. However it is currently the fastest way to run Qpsmtpd, so if performance is important to you then consider this module. BUGS
Probably a few. Make sure you test your plugins carefully. The Apache scoreboard (/server-status/) mostly works and shows connections, but could do with some enhancements specific to SMTP. AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, <matt@sergeant.org> Some credit goes to <mock@obscurity.org> for Apache::SMTP which gave me the inspiration to do this. perl v5.14.2 2009-04-02 Apache::Qpsmtpd(3pm)