Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Suse LINUX
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Suse LINUX Post 52718 by zazzybob on Thursday 24th of June 2004 09:38:09 AM
Old 06-24-2004
I don't know of a true equivalent to Sun explorer, but you can view a lot of system information via YaST

Also (I don't have me SuSE box with me at work, alas) but if you're using KDE, open the K menu, then System, then Info, and there are a lot of sysinfo tools in there.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suse linux 6.4-8.1

i need some help from somone familiar with suse linux. i am wanting to update my suse linux 6.4 box to suse linux 8.1. i am trying to do it with yast. and i want to do it via ftp. now, to do this the first thing i need to do is change my source media settings in yast, right now it is the cdrom.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
3 Replies

2. Linux

SUSE Linux

i'm new linux ... after reboot ...... my keyboard is notworking automatically boot ..... after few mins Waiting for mandatory devices: eth-id-00:10:a7:08:cb:4b 12 11 9 8 7 5 4 3 1 0 eth0 interface could not be set up failed Setting up service network . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSe Linux Hardening

We've got a FTP server that's open to the public network and its running on Suse SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) SP2 Now, since it's an FTP server I can't disable that service, but how else do I harden this server from attacks from outside? I am thinking of disabling the firewall and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
3 Replies
SADE(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   SADE(8)

NAME
sade -- sysadmins disk editor SYNOPSIS
sade DESCRIPTION
The sade utility is used for various disk administration tasks on FreeBSD systems. It is generally invoked without arguments for the default behavior, where the main menu is presented. NOTES
The sade utility aims to provide a handy tool for disk management tasks on an already installed system. The goal is to provide the same text interface for disk management in bsdinstall(8) in the post-installation environment. SEE ALSO
bsdinstall(8), gpart(8) HISTORY
A program called sade first appeared in FreeBSD 6.3 as a utility encapsulating features from the sysinstall(8) installer. It was replaced in FreeBSD 10.0 with the equivalent part of bsdinstall(8). AUTHORS
Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
The utility misses a lot of nice features, such as tools for manipulating gmirror(8). These will be added later. BSD
December 30, 2012 BSD