Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login problem
Operating Systems Solaris Login problem Post 52646 by izy100 on Wednesday 23rd of June 2004 06:46:35 AM
Old 06-23-2004
How did u create the user account? Please show the comand. I think the permission setting of the user's account of parent directory is wrong

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login problem

. HP-UX HPUX11I B.11.11 U 9000/778 (tb) telnetd: /usr/bin/login: No such file or directory Ok im currently logged into the machine and dont plan on logging out i found this out when i went to open another session on the box and was prompted with the above, i do not have a backup of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

login problem

Dear friends, I am using linux redhat nash version 4.2.1.6 os. now i rebooted my system suddenly the following error is coming. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. after that it is asking login : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
0 Replies

3. SCO

Problem when login

When I login on consola as root I have problem. I typed on login: root password:rootpassword then promt login: problem is for other users In sigle user mode I can login as root. Please halp me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: draganmi
1 Replies

4. AIX

problem with login

I have installed AIX 5.2 on an H70. It actually reports a memory fault as in SRN 25c68008. However when the system starts up it reports that there is 1536 Mbyte of memory and the O/S starts. I am connecting through the serial port of an old laptop onto the S1 port of the H70. The setting is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
10 Replies

5. Linux

USER login problem

Hi All I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine. Access deneid login as: daya Sent username "daya" daya@10.10.0.3's password: Access denied daya@192.168.0.83's password: and even i am not suppose... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

6. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

7. Linux

Login problem

Hi, If i changed my password then i can able to enter into linux box. After some time if i tried then i can able to enter into the same box. I have tried lot of times, But it is not resolved yet. Please advice for this . Error msg : fatal: Timeout before authentication for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

login problem

Hi After I update my vga driver ubuntu stop to boot. When I restart my computer appear ubuntu first page and after he go to a black screen without any message. How I can restore of find problem? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nichol
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Login problem

Hi Everybody, I am getting following error when am trying to login to my oracle user. su: warning: cannot change directory to /bin/bash: Not a directory -sh: /bin/bash/.profile: Not a directory -bash-3.1$ Please help me how to avoid this message and how to login with normal user login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies
if_mpadm(1M)                                              System Administration Commands                                              if_mpadm(1M)

NAME
if_mpadm - change operational status of interfaces within a multipathing group SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/if_mpadm -d interface_name /usr/sbin/if_mpadm -r interface_name DESCRIPTION
Use the if_mpadm utility to change the operational status of interfaces that are part of an IP multipathing group. If the interface is operational, you can use if_mpadm -d to detach or off-line the interface. If the interface is off-lined, use if_mpadm -r to revert it to its original state. When a network interface is off-lined, all network access fails over to a different interface in the IP multipathing group. Any addresses that do not failover are brought down. Network access includes unicast, broadcast, and multicast for IPv4 and unicast and multicast for IPv6. Addresses marked with IFF_NOFAILOVER do not failover. They are marked down. After an interface is off-lined, the system will not use the interface for any outbound or inbound traffic, and the interface can be safely removed from the system without any loss of network access. The if_mpadm utility can be applied only to interfaces that are part of an IP multipathing group. OPTIONS
The if_mpadm utility supports the following options: -d interface_name Detach or off-line the interface specified by interface_name. -r interface_name Reattach or undo the previous detach or off-line operation on the interface specified by interface_name. Unless the -d option was used to detach or off-line the interface, this option will fail. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Detaching an Interface Use the following command to off-line or detach the interface. All network access will failover from hme0 to other interfaces in the same IP multipathing group. If no other interfaces are in the same group, the operation will fail. example% if_mpadm -d hme0 Example 2: Reattaching an Off-line Interface Use the following command to undo the previous operation. Network access will failback to hme0. example% if_mpdadm -r hme0 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), in.mpathd(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
off-line failed as there is no other functional interface available in the multipathing group for failing over the network access. This message means that other interfaces in the group are failed over already or the multipathing configuration was not suitable for com- pleting a failover. off-line cannot be undone because multipathing configuration is not consistent across all the interfaces in the group. This message means that some interfaces in the IP multipathing group are not configured consistently with other interfaces in the group, for example, one of the interfaces in the group does not have an IFF_NOFAILOVER address. SunOS 5.10 3 Sep 2002 if_mpadm(1M)