Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change wallpaper in CDE
Operating Systems Solaris change wallpaper in CDE Post 52606 by antalexi on Tuesday 22nd of June 2004 04:24:15 PM
Old 06-22-2004
Thanks for the info, though I am only partly successful.

I've reduced the size of the pic (saved it as .pm) from 306 x 402 pixels to 32 x 32 (the size of the other backdrops) and made the pic greyscale or reduced color. Either way, the backdrop doesn't show. Before I reduced the size I was only seeing 1/3 of the pic and it was overlapping itself.

A workaround for me is to run xv, set the image as a tiled, and then I'm ok.

Ideally, I would like to set the backdrop using the CDE backdrop function.

Thanks again...Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wallpaper anyone?

we have a UNIX workstation using 'CDE' desktop manager, i'ts kind of dull seeing the same wallpaper all over again and again and again everyday. is it possible put my own wallpaper? how? i'm sure it is not similar with windows wherein you just put your bitmap file in the windows folder or is it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Hi There, easy one for you. I am using Solaris 7 on my desktop at home and I don't want to invoke the CDE environment when I boot up. I want it to just boot up to the command line to save on memory. What do I have to do in order to do this? Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting Wallpaper on the Desktop

How do I put wallpaper from the internet on the Unix desktop? For example, I want to know how to perform the same operation as "right click-> Set as Wallpaper" on a graphics on a web page, in Windows. Thanks! :rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pireifej
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to change CDE screen resolution?

I searched and found something about kdmconfig, but it's not installed. Isn't there an easy way to change the screen resolution in the CDE by right clicking or anything like that (like in Linux's KDE)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

5. Solaris

CDE password change on expiration

Hello, I am using Solaris 10 with CDE and like to change the behaviour of the login process. I have a user account that is configured for password aging. Currently, when his password expires, CDE prompts him to change his password when login in. What I'd like is that the user cannot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorfou
5 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wallpaper script

Have trouble picking a wallpaper. Let your computer pick for you. #!/bin/bash # (Change to your path to photos) Pictures='/home/josh/Pictures' ## Pick new image function pick_new_bg () { backgrounds=( $( < ~/.background_temp) ) num_backgrounds=${#backgrounds }... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtsmith90
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Xml file wallpaper

Hello, I have a custom background in my Fedora 14 OS. which changes every 10 mins, I was able to edit an Xml file for this purpose. The structure of the Xml file looks as follows : <!-- This animation will start at time shown above. --> <static> <duration>600.0</duration> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
3 Replies
DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace(library call)									    DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace(library call)

NAME
DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace -- set the current workspace SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> int DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace( Widget widget, Atom aWorkspace); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace function works with the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), and sets the current workspace. Applications can use this function to switch from the current workspace to another workspace. The widget argument is a realized widget on the screen of interest. The aWorkspace argument is the name (in X atom form) of the workspace to be made current. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace function returns Success; otherwise, it returns a value not equal to Success. APPLICATION USAGE
If the DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace function is not successful, the most likely reason for failure is that the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is not running. The DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace function requires a widget. A gadget is not acceptable for the widget argument. DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace sends a message to the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), to switch workspaces. If the workspace name is not valid, no action is taken and the workspace manager reports no error. SEE ALSO
Dt/Wsm.h - DtWsm(5), dtwm(1), DtWsmGetCurrentWorkspace(3). DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace(library call)