Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers display the timestamp of a server UNIX Post 5259 by Optimus_P on Thursday 9th of August 2001 09:26:46 AM
Old 08-09-2001
man date

It is all right there. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

display free space on a unix server

I need to display the amount space avalible on a unix server in an html webpage, which will automatically update every hour. I am able to do so using a javascript in a windows based server. How would i go about doing this in a unix server. Any help, suggestions, anything would be great. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davwel
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older then today & display with timestamp info

Small query- I want to do some operation on all the files older then today. Before I do that operation, i want to verify if the command works properly or not. Surprisingly, the command below returns me file, which are created today - find /mrk_archive/PG/ftp/incomming/gbs/2008 -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar.mehta
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -l timestamp display format

The time stamp format using "ls -l" is either mmm dd hh:mm or mmm dd yyyy. For later case, how can I know the hh:mm as well. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pok.fung
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to copy a file from remote server and preserve timestamp

Hi How to copy a file from remote server and preserve timestamp. Please not, i have to pass username and password to connect to the remote server in the shell script. Can this be achieved with simple ftp ? are there any options in ftp ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skumar75
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display .bash_history with timestamp using script

Hi would like to ask if there is anyway to display .bash_history with timestamp using shell script? i know that you should use history command with HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " to display it in terminal but it does not work when i use it on shell script. It seem that you can't run history... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pikamon
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display files based on particular file timestamp

Hi, I have requirement to list out files that are created after particular file. ex. I have below files in my directory. I want to display files created after /dirdat/CG1/cg004440 file. ./dirdat/CG1/cg004438 09/07/14 0:44:05 ./dirdat/CG1/cg004439 09/07/14 6:01:48 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display lines between timestamp

Hi Gurus, I have a software which logs event in the log file and it has become to big to search into it. I want to display all the lines from the log files between <Jul 21, 2016 3:30:37 PM BST> to <Jul 21, 2016 3:45:37 PM BST> that is 15 min data . Please help Use code tags, thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
10 Replies
Mojo::Date(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Mojo::Date(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Date - HTTP 1.1 date container SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Date; my $date = Mojo::Date->new(784111777); my $http_date = $date->to_string; $date->parse('Sun, 06 Nov 1994 08:49:37 GMT'); my $epoch = $date->epoch; DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Date implements HTTP 1.1 date and time functions according to RFC 2616. Sun, 06 Nov 1994 08:49:37 GMT ; RFC 822, updated by RFC 1123 Sunday, 06-Nov-94 08:49:37 GMT ; RFC 850, obsoleted by RFC 1036 Sun Nov 6 08:49:37 1994 ; ANSI C's asctime() format ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Date implements the following attributes. "epoch" my $epoch = $date->epoch; $date = $date->epoch(784111777); Epoch seconds. METHODS
Mojo::Date inherits all methods from Mojo::Base and implements the following new ones. "new" my $date = Mojo::Date->new; my $date = Mojo::Date->new($string); Construct a new Mojo::Date object. "parse" $date = $date->parse('Sun Nov 6 08:49:37 1994'); Parse date in one of the following formats. - Epoch format(784111777) - RFC 822/1123 (Sun, 06 Nov 1994 08:49:37 GMT) - RFC 850/1036 (Sunday, 06-Nov-94 08:49:37 GMT) - ANSI C asctime() (Sun Nov 6 08:49:37 1994) "to_string" my $string = $date->to_string; Render date suitable for HTTP 1.1 messages. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Date(3pm)