Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 32-bit code with gcc
Top Forums Programming 32-bit code with gcc Post 52577 by Perderabo on Tuesday 22nd of June 2004 10:58:56 AM
Old 06-22-2004
Looking at the gcc man page, I see
Code:
      -m32
      -m64
          Generate code for a 32-bit or 64-bit environment.  The 32-bit
          environment sets int, long and pointer to 32 bits.  The 64-bit
          environment sets int to 32 bits and long and pointer to 64 bits.

So maybe -m32 is needed. But I don't use gcc so I'm not sure.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

64 bit file using gcc

Hi, I am compiling a C program using gcc. gcc -c test.c The OS is Solaris 2.8 (64 bit). We dont have cc compiler on the box. When I do a file test.o , I get this: test.o: ELF 32-bit MSB relocatable SPARC Version 1 In one of my scripts I need a 64 bit object file. Is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migrating perl code from 32 to 64 bit OS

Hello all, I am migrating perl code from 32-bit Solaris 2.5 to 64-bit Solaris 9. On which part of code should I concentrate? And please suggest if there is any checklist for the same. Thanks in advance, Devesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devesh
3 Replies

3. Programming

64-Bit gcc Compilation

Hi All I have a question on the compilation Assume i am working on 64 bit Linux OS. i am making shared objects and libraries required for our project. Can i compile 32 bit libraries using gcc of 64 -bit OS? Or Is there any restriction in the 32-bit or 64-bit compilers when trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 and 64 bit apache/openssl/gcc

I installed Solaris 10 on a v440. I installed v3.4.6 gcc from Sun Freeware. I was considering installing 64 bit Apache/Openssl and wondered if people encountered any problems with it. What config parameters did you have to compile openssl and apache? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Porting C++ 32-bit code on 64-bit Solaris

Hi, I am trying to convert 32-bit code to 64-bit. I have defined function int main() { int* l; size_t len1; fun(len1); return 0; } void fun(int* ptr) { cout<<"\nsizeof(ptr)"<<sizeof(ptr); } However while compiling getting error as : Error: Formal argument ptr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning - Why does this bit of code fail

In bash: for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do tmp_${i}=$i echo $i done It gives error on executing tmp_1=1, and so on... Why? If I executed this in prompt, not from script, it shouldn't make a subshell should it? please use "code" tags! thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StuartH
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to understand a complex bit of code

Hi, To re-introduce myself, I'm a router guy trying to learn some scripting from the examples in my work place... In a ksh script, one of the script guys wrote the following and I am trying to understand it. I'm hoping someone can explain it to me. The script flow enters a case structure.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
5 Replies

9. Programming

C code 1ULL and bit calculation

I found this block of C code to create combinations of A, T, C & G characters (DNA bases). Can anybody explain this code for me, especially with 1ULL<< and ? 16 for (x = 0; x < 1ULL << (2 * k); ++x) 17 { 18 for (i = 0, y = x; i < k; ++i, y >>= 2) 19 putchar ("ACGT"); 20 }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

10. Programming

64 bit code debugging using gdb and ddd

Hello I have built our application on AIX 7.1 as a 64 bit application. My queries are as follows: Can a 32bit gdb (v7.6) and ddd (data display debugger - v3.3.12), debug a 64bit executable ? If I have a small 64bit a.exe executable that seems to work. If I have a more complicated executable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: biju64
4 Replies
BITMAP_REMAP(9) 					  Basic Kernel Library Functions					   BITMAP_REMAP(9)

NAME
bitmap_remap - Apply map defined by a pair of bitmaps to another bitmap SYNOPSIS
void bitmap_remap(unsigned long * dst, const unsigned long * src, const unsigned long * old, const unsigned long * new, int bits); ARGUMENTS
dst remapped result src subset to be remapped old defines domain of map new defines range of map bits number of bits in each of these bitmaps DESCRIPTION
Let old and new define a mapping of bit positions, such that whatever position is held by the n-th set bit in old is mapped to the n-th set bit in new. In the more general case, allowing for the possibility that the weight 'w' of new is less than the weight of old, map the position of the n-th set bit in old to the position of the m-th set bit in new, where m == n % w. If either of the old and new bitmaps are empty, or if src and dst point to the same location, then this routine copies src to dst. The positions of unset bits in old are mapped to themselves (the identify map). Apply the above specified mapping to src, placing the result in dst, clearing any bits previously set in dst. For example, lets say that old has bits 4 through 7 set, and new has bits 12 through 15 set. This defines the mapping of bit position 4 to 12, 5 to 13, 6 to 14 and 7 to 15, and of all other bit positions unchanged. So if say src comes into this routine with bits 1, 5 and 7 set, then dst should leave with bits 1, 13 and 15 set. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 BITMAP_REMAP(9)