Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help needed for sed command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help needed for sed command Post 52539 by anarchie on Tuesday 22nd of June 2004 03:25:32 AM
Old 06-22-2004
I would actually do it like this:

touch -d "Jun 22 11:59" /tmp/first
touch -d "Jun 22 13:00" /tmp/last
find . -maxdepth 1 -newer /tmp/first ! -newer /tmp/last -exec cp -p {} somewhere \;

But that's just me. I also use cygwin, so YMMV.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in processing multiple variables in a single sed command.

Is it possible to process multiple variables in a single sed command? I have the following ksh with three variables and I want to search for all variables which start with "var" inside input.txt. I tired "$var$" but it just prints out everyting in input.txt and does not work. $ more test.ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command explanation needed

Hi, Could you please explain me the below statement -- phrase wise. sed -e :a -e '$q;N;'$cnt',$D;ba' abc.txt > xyz.txt if suppose $cnt contains value: 10 it copies last 9 lines of abc.txt to xyz.txt why it is copying last 9 rather than 10. and also what is ba and $D over there in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbukns
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED command ---------help needed

Hi all I am new babie to shell script, so please advise me n help me . suppose i have a string "abacus sabre", i need to replace occurences 'ab' with 'cd' and i need to store this result into same string and i need to return this result from script to the calling function, where as the string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerapureddy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

flexible sed command needed to handle multiple input types

Hello, I need a smart sed command that can take any of the following two as an input and give below mentioned output. As you can see, I am trying to convert some C code INPUT: struct abc_sample1 { char myString; UINT16 myValue1; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiftinDotCom
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in sed

I have a requirement in my project to create report from a template file. A sample template file is added below: The report data is stored in a file. A sample data file is added below: Using the above template and data file I want to create a report like this: I have tried to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alecs
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed on sed command

Hi, I am splitting a file based on pattern using sed -f command as below: sed_cmd2 is the Pattern filename which has the below mentioned pattern in it: #n /\(.*\) \(.*\) \(mith\).*/w smith Input file has following data 1 John Smith Chicago 2 Mary Smith New York 3 Judy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12345
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed sed command.

I want to execute below command using line number as a variable. sed '5c\ disk = jskdjfdsk' vm.cfg How do i substitute a variable in place of 5 for example i tried substituting sed '$variablec\ disk = jskdjfdsk' vm.cfg and sed '"$variable"c\ disk = jskdjfdsk' vm.cfg) but they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command help needed.

vif = I need to replace "00:16:3E:64:FB:D3" to a new mac address value from below mentioned file. # cat vm.cfg acpi = 1 apic = 1 builder = 'hvm' device_model = '/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm' disk = kernel = '/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader' memory = '300' name = 'vm_temp' on_crash =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - ksh: sed: command garbled:

Hi all, What am I doing wrong here? $ cat test_sed.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh var="sed -e \'6s/9/6/\' testfile.txt > testfile.txt.2" $var $ ./test_sed.ksh sed: command garbled: \'6s/9/6/\' Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with file output awk sed command - please

Hi I have a file that contains lines starting with a particular string plus a Colon: I need to output all these lines but only what comes after the colon Can you pelase assist? Example of lines in the file: com.ubs.f35.cashequities/cashequities: 1 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies
copymsg(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					       copymsg(9F)

NAME
copymsg - copy a message SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> mblk_t *copymsg(mblk_t *mp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
mp Pointer to the message to be copied. DESCRIPTION
copymsg() forms a new message by allocating new message blocks, and copying the contents of the message referred to by mp (using the copyb(9F) function). It returns a pointer to the new message. RETURN VALUES
If the copy is successful, copymsg() returns a pointer to the new message. Otherwise, it returns a NULL pointer. CONTEXT
copymsg() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
Example 1: : Using copymsg The routine lctouc() converts all the lowercase ASCII characters in the message to uppercase. If the reference count is greater than one (line 8), then the message is shared, and must be copied before changing the contents of the data buffer. If the call to the copymsg() function fails (line 9), return NULL (line 10), otherwise, free the original message (line 11). If the reference count was equal to 1, the message can be modified. For each character (line 16) in each message block (line 15), if it is a lowercase letter, convert it to an upper- case letter (line 18). A pointer to the converted message is returned (line 21). 1 mblk_t *lctouc(mp) 2 mblk_t *mp; 3 { 4 mblk_t *cmp; 5 mblk_t *tmp; 6 unsigned char *cp; 7 8 if (mp->b_datap->db_ref > 1) { 9 if ((cmp = copymsg(mp)) == NULL) 10 return (NULL); 11 freemsg(mp); 12 } else { 13 cmp = mp; 14 } 15 for (tmp = cmp; tmp; tmp = tmp->b_cont) { 16 for (cp = tmp->b_rptr; cp < tmp->b_wptr; cp++) { 17 if ((*cp <= 'z') && (*cp >= 'a')) 18 *cp -= 0x20; 19 } 20 } 21 return(cmp); 22 } SEE ALSO
allocb(9F), copyb(9F), msgb(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 27 Jun 1995 copymsg(9F)