Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: macro on shell script ?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers macro on shell script ? Post 5241 by inquirer on Thursday 9th of August 2001 05:28:50 AM
Old 08-09-2001
follow up question...

thanks for the reply PxT. i've that in the office and it worked just fine. but there is one more problem to it. as i have just said before that these scripts are series of multiple questions... it came to a point where there are no choices to make instead i have to press ENTER to choose default where is not included in the multiple choice. how can i put a "carriage return" in the macro? to illustrate:

==========
menu
==========
1)blah
2)blah blah
3)blah blah blah

you have chosen (ENTER=default blah):

thanks for the help but i still need this very much.

inquirer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI Macro Problem

I'm having a problem with a macro i put in my .exrc file. Here's what I put: map #I ^[ ^ [ is control-v and the escape key. It places a # a the beginning of a line by simply hitting the # on the keyboard. Problem is, now when I hit "o" or "O" to move up or down a line, it places a # at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atama
1 Replies

2. Programming

macro

Can i define a macro for a function of 10 LOC. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to launch a Csh shell script using Excel Macro ?

Hi all. I need to use excel macro at my desktop to launch a csh script which is in a solaris environment. What is the code that i can use in macro to help me with that ? Basically, the code need to telnet or ftp to the solaris environment and just run the script and the macro will output in an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raynon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Return shell value to a VI macro

Hi, Have searched around for a solution to this and get frustrating close but have not nailed it. vi on HP-UX what I'm trying to do is utilise the key mapping available within Vi to run a shell script which uses awk script to scan the file i'm working on and return the line number or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sjdolding
1 Replies

5. Programming

Make-question - redefine a macro, using another macro..?

I think there is no problem to use any macro in a new macro definishion, but I have a problem with that. I can not understand why? I have a *.mak file that inludes file with many definitions and rules. ############################################## include dstndflt.mak ... One of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wanting to run a macro/script from PuTTY

We currently use TUN as an emulation program to connect to various unix applications. I am looking at moving to PuTTY release 0.60 but am getting stuck as one application runs a macro at startup to run a program. My question is, can you run a macro from PuTTY? Any pointers would be great. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtualpaul
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a script in UNIX using Excel Macro

Hi, I am using Send Keys to connect to UNIX server and invoke a script . Is there an alternate way to connect to UNIX server using Excel macro and invoke a UNIX Shell script? Anu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandita.jha
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

macro

Can I create a macro in UNIX? If so where do I find out how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JD_Sal
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting macro to bash script

Gents, Please can you help me with this. When column 49 == 2 Before X 4714 14710 69445.00 19257.001 1218 12271 69596.00 19460.00 19478.001 X 4714 14710 69445.00 19257.001 1228 12292 69596.00 19480.00 19480.001 After X 4714 14710 69445.00 19257.001 1218... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script solution - running Excel macro in SLES

Hello all, I'm here again with new trouble. I need to find any possible way to apply excel macro on excel file in SLES server, or to convert that macro somehow. Could you please share your ideas, and help me with this? Thank you in advance ps (attached macro is with changed extension,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbrobg
14 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-akq] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. The following options are available: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-D (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
January 22, 2004 BSD