Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail issues on SCO_SV 5.0.6
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mail issues on SCO_SV 5.0.6 Post 52404 by chive2 on Thursday 17th of June 2004 03:46:23 PM
Old 06-17-2004
mail issues on SCO_SV 5.0.6

I am very new to unix and I am trying to get a Sco Server setup to send outgoing email. I know that SCO uses MMDF and i have configured it to use TCP/IP and UUCP, but I never receive any of the emails I send to my exchange server. I don't have this problem on any of the Linux systems I use. Anyone know of something I might be missing? Maybe something about configuring UUCP? The documentation I've found for UUCP wasn't very clear, so I don't know if something needs to be configured in that respect. Thanks for your help.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netscape mail issues

Don't know if this is too in-depth for the ".. Dummies .." forum, but I figured I'd try this one first. I have a file from a client that I need to save to our UNIX server. If the file is sent as an email attachment from UNIX (via command line or Twiggi Mail), the following occurs: if the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumpinfallout
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Line Count & MAil Issues

Please help...I forgot how to do a linecount in Solaris. I'm list a report & I'm trying to count how many instances. Also, I need to read & clean up mail for root. What directory is that again. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
3 Replies

3. SCO

Mounting a USB DRIVE- SCO_SV

I wish to mount a USB pen drive to allow me copy files from the pc to the pen drive. when I insert the dirve I get a message umass Attached: Kingston DataTraveler 2.0, rev 2.0, usb_id 2 The version of unix is SCO_SV. I cannot see any new file in the /dev folder. I was looking for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralph2010
5 Replies

4. AIX

/var/spool/mail/ issues

Hi My box is running with AIX 6100-06 and Im the root user of this box My /var gets filled up often to 100% When I investigate I find that it is the below file which increases rapidly /var/spool/mail/pdgadmin I dont know why this file is growing up. Can any one assist me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issues in sending mail

Hi, i am trying the below script for sending mail. if then count=`cat $sfile|wc -l` echo "There are $count abends.Please take care " > body.txt (cat body.txt;uuencode $sfile $sfile) | mailx -s "Alert:there are failures" pandeesh@gmail.com fi In the mail, i am getting like: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues in sending mail with attachements

Hi I am using the below command to send mail from unix with body as well as attachment. But the attachment is in encoded form in the body itself. I am not receiving as attachment: (cat body_success.txt;uuencode Log.txt Log.txt)| mailx -s "success" $ToID I am receiving... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Format Issues

Hi All, I 'm trying to find a way to send my contents of a file as a body of email in the format shown below. However, the format of the contents are messed up when I receive the email. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
2 Replies
RNEWS(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RNEWS(1)

NAME
rnews - receive news from a UUCP connection SYNOPSIS
rnews [ -h host ] [ -v ] [ -U ] [ -N ] [ -S master ] [ input ] DESCRIPTION
Rnews reads messages typically queued by a UUCP newsfeed and sends them to the local InterNetNews server. The message is read from the specified input file, or standard input if no input is named. When sent over UUCP, Usenet articles are typically joined in a single batch to reduce the UUCP overhead. Batches can also be compressed, to reduce the communication time. If a message does not start with a number sign (``#'') and an exclamation point, then the entire input is taken as a single news article. If it does start with with those two characters, then the first line is read and interpreted as a batch command. If the command is ``#! rnews nnn'' where nnn is a number, then the next nnn bytes (starting with the next line) are read as a news article. If the command is ``#! cunbatch'' then the rest of input is fed to the compress(1) program with the ``-d'' flag to uncompress it, and the output of this pipe is read as rnews's input. This is for historical compatibility -- there is no program named cunbatch. A compressed batch will start with a ``#! cunbatch'' line, then contain a series of articles separated by ``#! rnews nnn'' lines. If the command is any other word, then rnews will try to execute a program with that name in the directory /usr/lib/news/rnews. The batch will be fed into the program's standard input, and the standard output will be read back as input into rnews. If rnews detects any problems with an article such as a missing header, or an unintelligible reply from the server, it will save a copy of the article in the /var/spool/news/in.coming/bad directory. OPTIONS
-S If the ``-S'' flag is used, then rnews will connect to the specified host. If the flag is not used, it will try to connect to the server by opening a Unix-domain stream connection. If that fails, it will try to open a TCP connection to the default remote server. -U If the server is not available, the message is spooled into a new file created in the /var/spool/news/in.coming directory. The ``-U'' flag may be used to send all spooled messages to the server once it becomes available again, and can be invoked regularly by cron(8). -N Normally, if unpacking the input fails it is re-spooled to /var/spool/news/in.coming for another attempt later. If the ``-N'' flag is used then no such re-spooling is done and rnews exits with status value ``9'' to indicate this. -v If the ``-v'' flag is used, it will print a notice of all errors on the standard error, naming the input file (if known) and print- ing the first few characters of the input. Errors are always logged through syslog(3). -h If the ``-h'' flag is given, or failing that, the enviroment variable UU_MACHINE is set, then rnews will log the Message-ID, and host, for each article offered to the server via syslog(3). Logging will only be done if the value is not an empty string. BUGS
Rnews cannot process articles that have embedded 's in them. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.23, dated 1996/11/08. SEE ALSO
innd(8). RNEWS(1)