Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bourne shell not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bourne shell not working Post 52395 by gillbates on Thursday 17th of June 2004 12:31:22 PM
Old 06-17-2004
update

I figured it out. I think someone must be messing with me. I moved the assignment statements up in the code and they started working fine. The awk statements afterwards still failed. So I started looking at a java call that preceded the errors. It looked fine but it was resetting the path and placing my bin directory at the start. Sure enough there was a script called awk that contained the LF_Merge_Geodata.awk script. So everytime I called awk after the path was reset I'd get that message. Live and learn. Thanks, Gill

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne Shell Script

Hello, I'm throwing this out there as a novice to the Unix world...I've been working on a project that requires me to ouput (using the echo command) a list of names in a single column format, but the problem is the input is in row format followed by a blank space...If anyone could give me a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmhonor914
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne-again shell

Hi guys !! well i'm still new in learning UNIX , and actually i'm still studying it by myself .. anyway, some people told me the Bourne-again shell is a good version of UNIX to work on , and i tried to download yesterday but i didn't know how to start it ...... the ReadMe file associated with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrsamer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to understand the differences between the bash shell and the Bourne shell

I do not claim to be an expert, but I have done things with scripts that whole teams of folks have said can not be done. Of course they should have said we do not have the intestinal fortitude to git-r-done. I have been using UNIX actually HPUX since 1992. Unfortunately my old computer died and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk_sed_hello
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne/C shell help

Exercise Five Write a Bourne shell script which: • Professionalism: plan for this from the start. • Has one command line argument. • If the command line argument is a directory then the script should output the number of files in the directory. • If the command line argument is an ordinary... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moesom
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne shell tutorial

hey guys, what is prolly the best way to learn bourne shell programming the easy way? I found many tutorials but I just cant seem to decide / chose which one is the best and suits my needs. could you recommend me some tutos? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genius90
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

'Shell Shock' vulnerability in Bourne shell

A severe vulnerability was discovered in Bourne shell. Just google for: bash vulnerability ... for more details. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cochise
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Alias is not working under Bourne Shell

Hi, Please assist me why HC alias is not working under this shell? root@singapore # grep HC /.profile alias HC='cd /var/tmp/HC/2015/`date +%B`' root@singapore # . /.profile Sourcing //.profile-EIS..... root@singapore # echo $HC root@singapore # HC HC: not found root@singapore # echo... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprabhu1983
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop in bourne shell is not working

I have a loop with cases I am working on Bourne shell for file in *.${Today}*.csv *.${Today}*.txt\ do case ${file} in sun_detail) do something ;; sum) do something ;; mod) do something ;; *) do something ;; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
5 Replies
orte-clean(1)							     Open MPI							     orte-clean(1)

NAME
orte-clean - Cleans up any stale processes and files leftover from Open MPI jobs. SYNOPSIS
orte-clean [--verbose] mpirun --pernode [--host | --hostfile file] orte-clean [--verbose] OPTIONS
[-v | --verbose] This argument will run the command in verbose mode and print out the universes that are getting cleaned up as well as pro- cesses that are being killed. DESCRIPTION
orte-clean attempts to clean up any processes and files left over from Open MPI jobs that were run in the past as well as any currently running jobs. This includes OMPI infrastructure and helper commands, any processes that were spawned as part of the job, and any temporary files. orte-clean will only act upon processes and files that belong to the user running the orte-clean command. If run as root, it will kill off processes belonging to any users. When run from the command line, orte-clean will attempt to clean up the local node it is run from. When launched via mpirun, it will clean up the nodes selected by mpirun. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Clean up local node only. example% orte-clean Example 2: To clean up on a specific set of nodes specified on command line, it is recommended to use the pernode option. This will run one orte-clean for each node. example% mpirun --pernode --host node1,node2,node3 orte-clean To clean up on a specific set of nodes from a file. example% mpirun --pernode --hostfile nodes_file orte-clean Example 3: Within a resource managed environment like N1GE, SLURM, or Torque. The following example is from N1GE. First, we see that we have two nodes with two CPUs each. example% qsh -pe orte 4 example% mpirun -np 4 hostname node1 node1 node2 node2 Clean up all the nodes in the cluster. example% mpirun --pernode orte-clean Clean up a subset of the nodes in the cluster. example% mpirun --pernode --host node1 orte-clean SEE ALSO
orterun(1), orte-ps(1) 1.4.5 Feb 10, 2012 orte-clean(1)