Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory How to scan for virus on a Unix Server Post 52334 by zazzybob on Wednesday 16th of June 2004 06:04:27 AM
Old 06-16-2004
A two-second search of google for "McAfee UNIX" turned up this file which contains the documentation for McAfee VirusScan for UNIX. Reading that documentation would tell you that variants of the uvscan command launch the scan.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Virus Protection for Unix Web Servers

Do companies use virus protection software on all UNIX servers that are used as web servers even if the servers are not used for e-mail traffic? Has anyone installed Norton Antivirus software on their UNIX web servers or do the security patches cover viruses and worms? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karen Stone
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix and virus

why one normally hears tht virus has stuck windows and one does not hear that unix has been stuck by virus...wht make unix so powerfull tht virus does not stuck it. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: taurian1234
9 Replies

4. HP-UX

virus in unix/linux ...?

hi, my questions are: 1). Is it possible to write virus programs on unix or linux environments? 2).if no why? technical answers.... 3).is it right? "It is not possible to write virus programs in open source environments" inventsekar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus and Worm on Linux/unix System

Hello all, I just got asked if virus and worms are a big thing in unix/linux OS. My response was no, but after looking I found that there can be issues but very few. I would justy like to know from the working community what is the truth on virus and worms on unix/linux OS? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larryase
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus software for Unix

The company I work for is in the process of going to a Unix Server. I am trying to find out if there is a version of Norton Antivirus that will work on a Unix server. If not, what is the recommended virus software for Unix? I have done some Google searches and found that there is a greater... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarker
3 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Mail server to Unix Server Virus threat

I want to connect a SunOS Generic_142900-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000 server carrying live traffic to my mail server so that i can forward the email on root on the server to my corporate email address. I am not too sure about the virus threat that could arise. I want a unidirectional transfer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinktank
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scan all mail messages through the server and save a copy into file system following a rule

In our company we work for our customer with a job# philosophy, managing all the informations about a job in a share with directories whose name is starting with job number. Under this entry point we have a standard structure of folders, comprising a "communications" folder. When we send emails... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vroby67
0 Replies
AUDIT_CLASS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    AUDIT_CLASS(5)

NAME
audit_class -- audit event class descriptions DESCRIPTION
The audit_class file contains descriptions of the auditable event classes on the system. Each auditable event is a member of an event class. Each line maps an audit event mask (bitmap) to a class and a description. Entries are of the form: classmask:eventclass:description Example entries in this file are: 0x00000000:no:invalid class 0x00000001:fr:file read 0x00000002:fw:file write 0x00000004:fa:file attribute access 0x00000080:pc:process 0xffffffff:all:all flags set FILES
/etc/security/audit_class SEE ALSO
audit(4), audit_control(5), audit_event(5), audit_user(5) HISTORY
The OpenBSM implementation was created by McAfee Research, the security division of McAfee Inc., under contract to Apple Computer Inc. in 2004. It was subsequently adopted by the TrustedBSD Project as the foundation for the OpenBSM distribution. AUTHORS
This software was created by McAfee Research, the security research division of McAfee, Inc., under contract to Apple Computer Inc. Addi- tional authors include Wayne Salamon, Robert Watson, and SPARTA Inc. The Basic Security Module (BSM) interface to audit records and audit event stream format were defined by Sun Microsystems. BSD
January 24, 2004 BSD